New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 39 of 177 FirstFirst ... 293536373839404142434989139 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Front facing seats give terrible leg-room... I find the side facing more comfortable in traffic, though I don't find them very comfortable either... an advantage is, if two people are riding in the back, each one can stretch out on their own personal bench... with the front-facing third row, they'd be very cramped. Either way, side-facing seats are more practical, because you can load cargo.

The Michelin LTX tires are (sorry to say) pure crap. No braking grip, especially when it's wet. Considering the Crosswind is only a 4x2, I don't understand why they need to put off-road tires on it! They're loud on the road, and they're part of the reason the Crosswind rides badly (too hard, too heavy). Goodyear Forteras are a better choice, but I don't know if you can get them on a stock unit, you might have to shop around after the purchase, and trade in your tires for them.

Parts and maintenance is typical, but the dealership service prices are steep.

As for reliability, ours has held up okay. 125,000 kms and counting. It really depends on the owner, though... the fuel pump in our other unit (Hilander) conked out at 140,000 kms because my dad didn't do oil changes often, and they use diesel from just about anywhere. The one thing to watch out for on Crosswinds is worn-out trim and interior parts... sagging door hinges, loose seats, etcetera. But these are minor issues.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

2. Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Thanks for the detailed analysis Sir Niky.

Since you've mentioned about the disadvantages of Michelin LTX Tires on this unit. aside from changing it to Goodyear Forteras Tires, wala na bang ibang paraan para gumanda ang performance, let's say like what denier13 suggested, fill them up with nitrogen instead of regular air?

I saw the XTI Limited on the showroon too. Aside from the rear view camera, sidefenders, spare tire configuration, and using the smaller Forteras, other amenities are almost identical na rin in terms of specs vs the Sportivo. Should I set my focus on this variant instead? If yes, how can i convinced my parents to switch to this variant? Napansin ko kasi they're focused na kasi sa Spotivo AT na kasi eh.

3. Join Date
    Nov 2007
    ei, mga sirs.. i nid help nanman, my nabili kc akong wiring harness or kit para sa h4 bulbs ng sportivo ko, kaso lang pg naka hi beam ako, naka.ilaw p rin ung low bean and as a result ay punutok ung bulb ko na 100 watts.. ganun b tlga ang wiring kit? it has also damaged my hedlyt kc madumi na dahl sa dusts.. pano po ba e.open ung hedlyt ng sportivo? its has plastic lens kc eh kaya d dw pwede painitan para maopen..

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    regarding tires, try nyo yung pinalit ng yokohama sa S306 OEM tires of the first gen crosswind, yung Yokohama A-drive. Been using it and so far ok ang experience ko. Good wet grip, quiet sa highway, and improved rubber composition (according to yokohama). got it for almost the same price as the S306's.

5. Join Date
    Nov 2007
    magkano po bnew ng mga ganung yokohama? planning to get an XT this dec, pwede ko bang itrade-in sa mga tireshops itong stock tires ng XT for the yokohamas?

6. Join Date
    Nov 2007
    mag.low porfile ka nalang na tires, buy a good set of tires ung mamahalin na brand para satisfied ka.. den adjust d torsion and add a lowering block sa rear, para maporma car mo.. nyahahaha!!

7. Join Date
    May 2007
    sinister_fadz
    sir regarding po dun sa harnest nyo, ung bulb nyo po ba ung stock na bulb or pinalitan nyo na po? yung sakin din po kasi pag nakahigh-beam hndi na rin po namamatay yung low-beam. My bulb is Narva range power white 100/90W. naglagay na din po ako ng harnest BOSCH po then pinalitan ko narin po yung socket connecting to my bulb ng ceramics kasi po natutunaw. meron po ako kakilala naglilinis ng headlights malapit po sa anonas.

8. Join Date
    May 2007
    yup A-drive is good, im using it also. un ung pinalit sa yokohama na S306. kaso sir mukhang masmakapal xa sa S306 dba? ung likod ng xwind ko naka s306 parin then sa harap a-drive.masmataas tuloy ung harapan ko.

9. Join Date
    May 2007
    yup A-drive is good, im using it also. un ung pinalit sa yokohama na S306. kaso sir mukhang masmakapal xa sa S306 dba? ung likod ng xwind ko naka s306 parin then sa harap a-drive.masmataas tuloy ung harapan ko...

10. Join Date
    Nov 2007
    good afternoon! we will be getting our crosswind probably next week, what are the things to look out before we leave the dealership?