New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    May 2007
    I DIY try undoing the injector feed pipes one at a time , to check if they are not leaking, as even a fine mist of fuel leaking will give a smell of fuel after a short time , make sure the main injector pipe is tight , but not overtight as this can also lead to a leak, basically they should be tight but not too tight as this could cause a problem . Some type leak not always visible , make sure the fiter hasnt been lossen as well another cause of leakage , air leaks on the return pipework bubbles in the line will tell you that. Hopefully that will give you a start to find the leak , as I am sure their is one. Next, check the air filter, diesels are very fussy about having a clean air filter. If it is dirty, replace it. If it is a turbo check the tube from the turbo is in good condition and the filter is clean. There is probably a very slight leak, pehaps dripping onto the exhaust or something else hot. You may not notice a leak when the engine is at idle, it may only be happening under load.

A person that specializes in these engines will be an asset that will clear up these problems for you.

Diesels though reliable and long lived engines, they do require routine maintenance....fuel filter(s) and air filter, getting the injectors cleaned, etc. Diesels do not have spark plugs, they are called glow plugs. If you are not familiar with diesel engines.

2. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by v6dreamer View Post
    I DIY try undoing the injector feed pipes one at a time , to check if they are not leaking, as even a fine mist of fuel leaking will give a smell of fuel after a short time , make sure the main injector pipe is tight , but not overtight as this can also lead to a leak, basically they should be tight but not too tight as this could cause a problem . Some type leak not always visible , make sure the fiter hasnt been lossen as well another cause of leakage , air leaks on the return pipework bubbles in the line will tell you that. Hopefully that will give you a start to find the leak , as I am sure their is one. Next, check the air filter, diesels are very fussy about having a clean air filter. If it is dirty, replace it. If it is a turbo check the tube from the turbo is in good condition and the filter is clean. There is probably a very slight leak, pehaps dripping onto the exhaust or something else hot. You may not notice a leak when the engine is at idle, it may only be happening under load.

A person that specializes in these engines will be an asset that will clear up these problems for you.

Diesels though reliable and long lived engines, they do require routine maintenance....fuel filter(s) and air filter, getting the injectors cleaned, etc. Diesels do not have spark plugs, they are called glow plugs. If you are not familiar with diesel engines.
    +1 to this. Althou new generation diesel engines (such as ISUZU's) no longer uses Glow Plugs (GP) since it's already direct injection.

My MB '83 240D still uses pencil-type GPs....

3. Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Benzmizer View Post
    +1 to this. Althou new generation diesel engines (such as ISUZU's) no longer uses Glow Plugs (GP) since it's already direct injection.

My MB '83 240D still uses pencil-type GPs....
    maiitim na usok ng exhaust is when calibration should be done. replacing injectors is done kun laki na butas nila ie ilan beses na na clean.

calibration:
    mist spray of nozzle
    pressure of injector pump
    injector timing to engine timing
    all brought to specs

4. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    To add to what has been said.
    Black smoke can be caused by blocked, undersized or replacement filter. Not enough fresh clean air for good combustion. Oil in the intake can also contribute o black/white smoke. One good sign that your injection pump is suspect is it cannot sustain power pag high continuos rpm parang tsupe o hindi makataas than its normal.

Tama si mr manoy.
    Spray pattern with all holes working with sustained misting.
    Dapat tama at pareho ang oppening pressure ng 4 na injectors.
    Start of injection with reference to degrees BTC is important.

__________________________________________________ ___
    Central Diesel 4113711 to 13 Ramon

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Injector? Dapat ba palitan if bad burn ng Diesel fuel?