New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Mar 2003
    I have been driving my trooper for over a month and I have 3 questions if its normal for the car

1. When you are cruising about 80-100Kph (or more) and release the gas pedal and just glide the car, my idling goes to less than 1T RPN... parang nuetral yun idling but its not actually shifted in nuetral... this normal?... this normally happens on flat roads... downhill hindi naman... i know idling should come down when you release gas but less than 1T?

2. when I press my gas pedal lightly, I produce more black smoke... when I press normally, less smoke... is it because the AT shifts before the Turbo?... also right before the RPN reaches the turbo, around 2.5RPN... there is a burst of black smoke... this normal?.... this is my 1st diesel ride and medyo conscious ako sa usok

3. Oil presure: what is the normal range?... in the manual its says its depends on gas, movement of the car, etc... but what is the safe range?... what is too high or too low

thanks a lot people
    Last edited by cta2; September 10th, 2003 at 03:26 PM.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    1. normal lang yan for trooper. dyahe nga e.

2. normal din yan for a isuzu engine. talagang mausok ang isuzu. hindi pa kasi tapos ang debate kung pwede biodiesel sa 4JX1 engine.

3. basta nasa bandang middle yung needle, ok lang yan. when you rev, tataas (goes to the right), tapos pag binitawan mo accelerator pedal bababa naman (goes to the left).
    Signature

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Yup, i guess that's normal yung sinasabi mo bumabagsak below 1,000 rpm i think dahil leveled so walang engine braking... try to turn O/D off this should increase the rpm dahil gagana yung engine break.

Originally posted by cta2
    I have been driving my trooper for over a month and I have 3 questions if its normal for the car

1. When you are cruising about 80-100Kph (or more) and release the gas pedal and just glide the car, my idling goes to less than 1T RPN... parang nuetral yun idling but its not actually shifted in nuetral... this normal?... this normally happens on flat roads... downhill hindi naman... i know idling should come down when you release gas but less than 1T?

IDLING IS AROUND 850 RPM SO OK LANG. TAMA SI MDPO WALANG ENGINE BRAKE PAG LEVELLED. O/D OFF WOULD GIVE YOU SLIGHT ENGINE BRAKE.

2. when I press my gas pedal lightly, I produce more black smoke... when I press normally, less smoke... is it because the AT shifts before the Turbo?... also right before the RPN reaches the turbo, around 2.5RPN... there is a burst of black smoke... this normal?.... this is my 1st diesel ride and medyo conscious ako sa usok

TRY BIODIESEL!!

3. Oil presure: what is the normal range?... in the manual its says its depends on gas, movement of the car, etc... but what is the safe range?... what is too high or too low

2-8 kg/cm2? 8 YAN SA UMAGA WHEN YOU START IT. AT IDLING AROUND 2.

THIS IS FOR A 4JG2, 3.1TDi ENGINE.

thanks a lot people

5. Join Date
    Mar 2003
    thanks a lot people,

boybi... diyahe sa walang engine brake?... parang weird lang nga... tipid nga sa gas... pero parang demanding naman sa brakes! Again ngayon lang ako nakaexperience na sobrang baba ng idling when free wheeling... i test drove a pajero, parang hindi naman ganoon.

overall, happy ako sa kotse, just new to diesel and I thought the trooper produces less smoke

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    don't forget to switch on the heater for the side mirrors, laking tulong on a heavy rainfall...

7. Join Date
    Mar 2003
    sorry kung makulit... there is another question... recently discovered

there is a switch na parang check engine near the hazard switch... according to the manual you are suppose to turn it on when its 15C below... havent tested it coz mainit sa Manila.

what is it exactly and what does it do?... mine does not light up when you press it, is it because hindi 15C below kaya walang ilaw? or its just broken?

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Block heater ata iyon. Ewan ko lang kung gumagana yung sa locals.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

9. Join Date
    Dec 2002
    cta2,
    The switch is a heater for the engine which only works if ambient temp is below 15C and engine temp is also below this level- haven't seen mine light either.

general questions on trooper