New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Theoretically, your warranty will be voided by using a non-manufacturer approved product (even if the product is better). But who's to know, right? hehehe.

ViC filters are Japanese made replacements made to OEM specs. They are not performance/reusable filters like Finer Filters or K&N's. But their main advantage is cost.

I'm currently using replacement filters on my Pajero (pero hindi ata ViC this time around). It only cost me Php 150.00. Now I can afford to replace my filter at almost every oil change.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    OTEP: Ganun ba... just got to blow my filter today.. wala ako makitang dust man lang bakit kaya?? pero kulay itim na ito. Palitan ko ba?? hehee nagtitipid ba...

3. Join Date
    Dec 2002
    mdpo,
    The trooper's air filter is of the "wet type", meaning it has oil on the filter media. This will trap the dust and dirt but you can't use compressed air to clean them- just have to replace when they look black.
    How many kms has your trooper run on the last air filter?

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    11k palang ang mileage so far... every ilang kms kaya ang palitan nito?

5. Join Date
    Jul 2003
    to trooper experts,
    how about OIL FILTERS, is it ok to use VIC replacement filters. the recommended replacement of AIR FILTERS IS 40TKM in the manual, at least 850ph/40t km is not as expensive as 850 oil filter every 5t km. and 850ph/10t km for the fuel filter.
    rhino

I've been using the VIC brand since I can remember. OK naman and I think many members here will attest to that. Yung orig na oil filter for 4JG2 Php 850 sa Walco, Banawe. Part Nr. 8-94360427-1. Yung VIC not more than Php 400. HTH! (",)

7. Join Date
    Dec 2002
    mdpo,
    Think 11T km is long enough, I replace mine every 10T km even if used on hway and city. Try this test: shine a light from the inside of filter, if you can't see it on the outside then time to replace.

rhino,
    Vic oil filter for 4JX1 is ok- they only have the primary filter- C524 at P180. BUT, IMO, it's only good for 3Tkm so you'll have to do 2 filter changes within an oil drain interval.

On air filter change- i wouldn't wait till 20Tkm, much less 40Tkm before replacing it given the amount of diesel soot in our air. Have you tried running an air filter til 20Tkm- what did it look like?

8. Join Date
    Jul 2003
    jackaroo,
    you mean i have to change twice for the 5t oil change if i use vic oil filters? i might as well use the orig filters then, cost will be the same considering the charges for the mechanic.
    i bought my trooper dec 2001, the 2002 model already. my monthly mileage is around 5t km so its quite costly because i have to drain the oil almost every 5 weeks. my air filter was neglected i should say because since the moment i bought the car it was inteco that kept the maintenance. never did they mention to me that i replace the air filters even if i inquired about it. they kept on cleaning it with pressurized air. when i reached the 50t mileage, my trooper was embarassinlgy smoke belching. i consulted my friendly mitsubishi mechanic and they advised me to replace the air filters. my mileage is now 77tplus km. and still smoke belching. MY ADVISE, DONT GO TO INTECO DAGUPAN, I THINK THEY HAVE TO STUDY THEIR MANUALS.
    im going to try the petron synthetic oil next week and perhaps a vic oil filter. do you think this will be wise.
    rhino

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I guess I should replace mine already cause I didnt see any light when shined by a flashlight hehehe.

Rhino: as mentioned in this thread wala daw kwenta bugahan ang airfilter element for this is wet type meaning kumapit na dun yung mga alikabok so maski ano buga mo ng hangin ayaw matanggal like what i did with mine. Kala ko malinis pa kasi wala nga usok hehehe. With regards smoke belching.. if it is still under warranty why not have the injector checked?

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    IMO, if you can get a good fitting FF for your trooper then go for it. It provides a good performance boost (all 4d56 peeps who have FFs installed can attest to this) and slight improvements in fuel economy. Something im sure that the vic paper filters cant give :D

Nga pala.... get it from RATS ALABANG!
    Last edited by pajerokid; September 1st, 2003 at 12:32 PM.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Finer filter for my trooper?