New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Thank you for the video. It's no wonder then why those Diesels produce a lot of black exhaust. And just the thought of the engine ingesting that in, it's just, well, tragic.

I'm now even more glad I've blanked mine.

2. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by oj88 View Post
    Thank you for the video. It's no wonder then why those Diesels produce a lot of black exhaust. And just the thought of the engine ingesting that in, it's just, well, tragic.

I'm now even more glad I've blanked mine.
    Same here, bro.

I planted a couple of trees for each of the rides we've blanked... hehehe

_/_/_/
    "The measure of a man is what he does with power" LJIOHF!

30.9K _/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/

3. Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by CVT View Post

Same here, bro.

I planted a couple of trees for each of the rides we've blanked... hehehe

_/_/_/
    "The measure of a man is what he does with power" LJIOHF!

30.9K _/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/
    bro, write a book (if you hadn't already).
    am planning to write one in the near future.

4. Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Good day. My thoughts about EGR blanking.

While it does seem a practical option to do as a preventive measure to carbon build-up and eventual failure of the EGR system as a result of, personally, it doesn't seem to be the right thing to do. Do you guys get me? Not here to offend anyone who has done blanking.

I mean we paid for this EGR system and it was designed to perform a specific task while our vehicle is operation. Supposedly, it is mankind's contribution to help protect Mother Nature.

Even if we know that the LGU ASBU operation in MM is just for show and merely a milking cow, does it also mean that we become irresponsible, too?

So sorry, I have no intent to offend anyone. Just sharing my thoughts on this. Thank you for the opportunity.

Cheers!

5. Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Saan nakalagay yung obd2 port sa XUV? at kung meron siya sa 2003 model ng XUV? Thanks

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002

7. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    To me, the decision was simple; Blank it and I'd be producing slightly higher NOx but less soot or particulate matter (PM). Leave the EGR alone and NOx will be marginally lower. However, PM will be higher. Aside from that, PM also gets to contaminate the engine's intake, the oil, reducing the EGR's efficiency and producing even more PM. Excessive exhaust gasses from stuck EGR valves also lowers the engine's efficiency and increases fuel consumption.

Not saying I'm wiser than the engineers who,designed it but, even they (manufacturers) think that the EGR approach doesn't significantly reduce NOx. SCR/DEF I believe, is the better choice.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Just use standard Euro 4 or if available in your area Euro 5 fuels to reduce PM. I have a 2010 Montero Sport diesel which used standard Euro 4 diesel from 2011 to 2016. EGR was not that dirty/blocked upon opening in 2016. No prior EGR cleaning done since 2010.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tsikot Forums mobile app

9. Join Date
    Sep 2014
    eto eGR blanking should be subjected to the Golden Rule: Do Unto Others ... coz mag EGR blanking ka para makatipid sa diesel (which is btw matipid na naman diesel to begin with) in exchange for not caring for the environment, siguro ang balik na lang neto sa pamilya mo magkarun ng lung dieseases sa future.

what goes around comes around I guess. so bale natipid mo sa sasakyan, uubusin mo din sa ospital later on in life. parang yun nangyayari sa mga BIR employees nuon araw, garapal sa kotong sa businesses, tapos mapansin matitinde din ang sakit na dumadapo sa pamilya nila

parang yun mga bumibile ng sobra lakas na HIDs sa cars nila, malamang madali lalabo mata nila later in life coz of the Golden rule

10. Join Date
    Dec 2008
    interesting

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456