New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Apr 2009
    have a question, ang max ba going clockwise? should i put it in min. while driving? sabi kc sa manual choke raw toh pang cold start, balik raw ulit pag patatakbuhin na. dba mas malakas sa fuel pag nakachoke?

2. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Does this mean na dapat pag pinihit mo pakanan, dapat tataas ng konti yung rev sa meter? tnx

3. Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Yep, clockwise ang paghigpit. Pero idle up knob lang yata yun, hindi choke. Kaya ayun, tumataas ang RPM pag pinihit.

4. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    you can think of it as an accelerator but by hand

5. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by blyx21 View Post
    have a question, ang max ba going clockwise? should i put it in min. while driving? sabi kc sa manual choke raw toh pang cold start, balik raw ulit pag patatakbuhin na. dba mas malakas sa fuel pag nakachoke?
    There is no indicator to determine it's "minimum" and "maximum". When you turn it counter clockwise and it feels "loosen up", that should be enough to let you know it's in "minimum".

The "choke knob" is available since the Crosswind isn't equipped with an ECU, unlike the Trooper, D-Max and Alterra -- wherein the throttle cannot be adjusted manually. It's pre-adjusted and would only be monitored using a Tech-2 device. (which all authorized ISUZU dealers have)

Yeah, it can also be considered a "poor mans cruise control" but quite frankly, in the 5-6 years I've used my XTO and XUVi, I never saw the need to use it. -- unless, I wanted to go on "cruise control"...

6. Join Date
    Nov 2007
    we use that knob para bumilis pag-warm up ng makina, pag cold start kase nasa mga 500rpm lang yung idle eh masyado na nginig ng makina..

btw, dati pagpihit namin clockwise nataas na yung idle, pero pinatingin namin sa isuzu commonwealth itong knob nung hindi na sya tumataas every pihit namin. yun pala kelangan sabayan ng tapak sa gas para sha tumaas, weird ehehhe.

OT: sobrang taas ng ramp leading to Isuzu commonwealth's service area, namatayan pa ko ng makina hindi ko natantya hanging ko sa 1st try. kakahiya ehehhe

7. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Fargin View Post
    btw, dati pagpihit namin clockwise nataas na yung idle, pero pinatingin namin sa isuzu commonwealth itong knob nung hindi na sya tumataas every pihit namin. yun pala kelangan sabayan ng tapak sa gas para sha tumaas, weird ehehhe.
    Idle should still go up even without simultaneously stepping on the gas pedal. One fact thou, it's easier to adjust the increase in idle if you simultaneously do step on the gas pedal and turn the choke knob clockwise.

8. Join Date
    Sep 2009
    sirs newbie lang kasi ako. i was familiarizing myself by tinkering with the things inside my XTO. until i've noticed this little "knob". figuring out what it is, i turned it clockwise while the engine's still off. when i started the engine, it seemed to vibrate rigorously than the usual. haven't figured out that the vibration was caused by that knob until i read this thread.
    sirs can i turn it to counter clockwise and return the knob back to its former position and should i really start the engine before doing so?
    hoping i haven't done any harm with my XTO or to it's performance.
    salamat sa sagot!

9. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by holdencaulfield View Post
    sirs newbie lang kasi ako. i was familiarizing myself by tinkering with the things inside my XTO. until i've noticed this little "knob". figuring out what it is, i turned it clockwise while the engine's still off. when i started the engine, it seemed to vibrate rigorously than the usual. haven't figured out that the vibration was caused by that knob until i read this thread.
    sirs can i turn it to counter clockwise and return the knob back to its former position and should i really start the engine before doing so?
    hoping i haven't done any harm with my XTO or to it's performance.
    salamat sa sagot!
    I see no problem if you do this.

10. Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Benzmizer View Post
    I see no problem if you do this.
    oh praise the LORD and praise to you sir benzimer!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
crosswind xto-use of turning knob just below the power side mirror control