New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Sir, ano po sa palagay nyo ang malakas, mabilis at maganda gamitin sa dalawang isuzu na crosswind at trooper 4jg2.

Posted via Tsikot Mobile App

2. Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Crosswind for a safer choice. I read some issue here about Isuzu Trooper i hope you are familiar about its fuel injectors issues...that's why settle for Crosswind.

3. Join Date
    May 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by zap.FREEDOM View Post
    Crosswind for a safer choice. I read some issue here about Isuzu Trooper i hope you are familiar about its fuel injectors issues...that's why settle for Crosswind.
    yug trooper 4jx1 ang may issues....yung 4jg2 ok lang. conventional diesel lang iyon.

kung sino mas malakas at mabilis, 4jg2 syempre...3.0 liter yan

yun crosswind e yung 2.5 liter na 4ja1 iyan...some ay turbo versions. mas matipid syempre pero hindi ganun kalakas at kasingbilis umarangkada ng trooper 4jg2.

4. Join Date
    Sep 2008
    correction lang, the 4JG2 engine is a 3.1 cc engine, not a 3.0. Ang 3.0 ay yung 4JX1. If you compare the riding comfort between the two (crosswind and trooper), mas maganda ride ng trooper

5. Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Yay! First post!

I am an owner of a 1993 3.1 Trooper/Bighorn (4jg2) for over 3 years now. I got it with odo reading of 180k+ mileage with all original parts. So far wala pa naman akong naging problem especially the engine. I replaced the alternator and the power steering pump kasi nasira na sila because of old age na din. Never sya nag overheat kahit sa long drive (Manila to Nueva Vizcaya/Manila to Bicol). For me very reliable po po itong ride na to kahit medyo may kalumaan na. I recently changed the shock absorbers kasi bumigay na din. You can't go wrong with 4jg2 sir. ^_^

6. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    No brainer, Trooper with 4JG2 engine.

Yup, it is similar to the Crosswind's engine -- in the sense any Tom, Dick and Harry can fix it. No Tech2 required. Plus, being a legit SUV (built and powertrain), it should perform and ride better than the Crosswind (AUV platform)

Then again, I Assume the question is on the premise that the comparison is between 2 second hand units coz if the Trooper (obviously 2nd hand since no more brand new) is being compared to a brand new Crosswind, I'd still go for the later due to guaranteed new and with 3 years warranty or 100k kilometers, whichever comes first.

7. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Double post. Sorry.
    Last edited by Benzmizer; April 19th, 2014 at 12:48 PM.

Crosswind or trooper