New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Pwede po kaya sa Crosswind ko to?

sensya na guys di ko maintindihan yung mga API api ratings....pls help me....and hindi ko alam yung para sa crosswind

thank you very much.

Elf Performance Trophy DX 15W-40

http://www.lubricants.elf.com/en/products/00000720.htm

Application :

Top-of-the-range lubricant recommended by the European and American diesel engine manufacturers: trucks, buses, construction machinery and agricultural machinery used in severe conditions.

Specifications :

API CH4
    MB 228.3
    MAN : M 3275
    VOLVO : VDS-2
    RVI RD
    MACK EO-M
    MTU OL Type 2

Performance level :
    LIAZ 258-3 © SCANIA, DAF, IVECO : E3

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    try mo... tapos report mo sa'min performance :D magkano ba yan per gallon? kung P$$$$ e wag na lang

I've tried 15w-40 rated oils na like petron rev-x trekker, Shell helix diesel, castrol CRD, and caltex delo gold 15w-40. tingin ko (subjective to ha), da best ang caltex delo gold saka yung castrol CRD in terms of value-for-money == mura pero ok :D

ang di ko pa na try shell rimula 15w-40, saka castrol GTX 15w-40 . mas mahal ng konti sila compared to the brands I listed. above.

3. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    thank you very much Master rsnald...

i think mura tong nabili ko...115 pesos per liter and 440pesos per gallon....distributor ng Elf products sa Angeles City...

sana maganda ang results nito...

sabi nila kasi hindi kaagad umiitim yung kulay ng oil na to.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Yup, ok yan given the API ratings. CH-4 is one of the highest already (the highest is CI-4) for diesel oils.

For gas engines, API SL is the highest AFAIK.

Just to reiterate what i mentioned before on one of the 4x4ph threads before, oil that gets dark is actually good since it shows that its doing its work on absorbing the dirt from the engine. What you should look at is the viscousity of the oil when you drain it.

MObil 1 Synth for example turns dark already after 1,000-2,000km of useage. The Mobil Delvac i used before would get dark after a week or two of useage.

On value for money, so far so good ako with the CITGO oil i got from S&R (CI-4 rated na rin siya)... I'll know more after a few more thousand KMS. Petron Trekker is also good (CH-4 rated and is cheaper then Delo Gold Multigrade).

5. Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Mobil Delvac MX is also CI-4. Available na sya in 5 liter containers. Yung iba 4 ltrs lang ang pinakamalaki. 4 1/2 ltrs ang kellangan sa xwind. so far ok naman sya. P540 yun 5 liter container.

6. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    thank you very much mga Sirs....

buti nalang nag extra 1 liter ako 4 1/2 pala tnx scanner

7. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Originally posted by Jeepcruizerph
    thank you very much mga Sirs....

buti nalang nag extra 1 liter ako 4 1/2 pala tnx scanner
    ako 4 liters lang kinakarga ko kahit new oil filter
    b4 sa alabang isuzu dala ko 5 liters la na bumabalik ng lumipat ako sa cvt isuzu 4 liters lang ginagamit nila san kaya napupunta yun 1 liter ko dati sa alabang?

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    4 liters lang kinakarga ko, with oil filter change pa yun. nung minsan sinubok ko 4 1/2 lampas sa full mark sa oil dipstick.

nung sa casa pako nagpapa change oil, 5 liters lagi wini withdraw nila. minsan binigigay sa kin yung extra 1 liter...minsan hindi. ang gulo nga e. :confused: dinudugas ata nila pag di mo binantayan. kaya mabuti pa DIY.

9. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    oo nga kaya ganon ako umalis sa casa nawawala yung isang liter huhuhu

anyone knows the api rating of the xwind?

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Before, naka-change oil ako ng libreng oil sa CASA because the mechanic i spoke to (who happened to be a relative of our old family driver) had a lot of extra oil left over.

When i go now for service at the CASA, i ask them to set aside the extra and they do it naman (i bring in my own oil). After several oil changes, i have enough extra oil for an full oil change.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Crosswind OIL...