New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Basing on the dash oil gauge of my isuzu ls pickup, i noticed that the oil pressure gauge go up to 100 kPa. At cruising speeds of 60 kph, it goes up to 200 kPa, but after a while during idling, it goes down to a little less than 100 kPa. What is really the correct oil pressure? If the oil pressure is too low, what might the possible causes.

OT. To owners ofr isuzu ls pickup 2.5d 4x2, bka may mahiram akong owner's manual nyo.

2. Join Date
    Mar 2003
    based from the isuzooers from NZ (combination of 4jb1 & 4ja1), common reading would be at around 200kpa when idle and should reach around 300-400 when cruising; although some of them also had 100kpa when idle; i think it sometimes depend dun sa guage mismo eh (kung luma ma na, it can be inaccurate); mine gives a reading of around 180 kpa (just below the 2 mark sa instrument panel) when idle and then goes up to 300-350 pag tumakbo. pag cold engine, umaabot pa ng 600. =)

3. Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by BeetOls
    based from the isuzooers from NZ (combination of 4jb1 & 4ja1), common reading would be at around 200kpa when idle and should reach around 300-400 when cruising; although some of them also had 100kpa when idle; i think it sometimes depend dun sa guage mismo eh (kung luma ma na, it can be inaccurate); mine gives a reading of around 180 kpa (just below the 2 mark sa instrument panel) when idle and then goes up to 300-350 pag tumakbo. pag cold engine, umaabot pa ng 600. =)
    "Low oil pressure" any effect on the engine..

4. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by acenie
    "Low oil pressure" any effect on the engine..
    does it mean that oil doesn't circulate? Can a loose compression cause this?

5. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by colt45
    does it mean that oil doesn't circulate? Can a loose compression cause this?
    Sir,

How is your oil level? May white smoke or oil ba kayo coming out of your muffler?
    Loose compression doesnt necessarily mean low oil reading. There is one cause of low compression and that is blow by. There are two types of blow by:

Piston Blow by> this is caused by wear in the rings or cylinder walls or both. Sa cylinder block naman ang problem.

Valve Blow by> this is caused by wear in the valve necks, valve guide and valve seal. Sa cylinder head ang problem. Top overhaul and remedy dito.

6. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Mine has the same readings as Beetols'. If you are worried about your Fuego's compression, try having it tested (compression testing). Mura lang magpa test. You might want to check the amount/type of oil you have.

7. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by 4JGtootsie
    Sir,

How is your oil level? May white smoke or oil ba kayo coming out of your muffler?
    Loose compression doesnt necessarily mean low oil reading. There is one cause of low compression and that is blow by. There are two types of blow by:

Piston Blow by> this is caused by wear in the rings or cylinder walls or both. Sa cylinder block naman ang problem.

Valve Blow by> this is caused by wear in the valve necks, valve guide and valve seal. Sa cylinder head ang problem. Top overhaul and remedy dito.

Nope. No white smoke. Very slight lang even if it is accelerating. Oil level stays the same. No traces of oil in the radiator or exhaust pipe. No smoke coming out from the dipstick area and filler cap. No oils leaks. Checked it already. I guess i better have it tested na lang.

8. Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by 4JGtootsie
    Sir,

is it possible that my engine is already blow by when it does not consume oil?

reason for asking is because i feel an upward pressure when i open my oil filler cap...yes there is also some amount of oil (patak patak lang) being spewed out whenever i hover my palm over it...so it gave me the idea that she might be on her way to rebuilding. no obviously seen white smoke out of the dipstick unless you stare at it for awhile as well.

*colt45 and fuego4x2....do you experience the same?

ive been seeing white smoke during start ups but disappears once warmed up...i have had several attempts of topping it up pero di natutuloy whenever i see newer models (crosswinds and fuegos alike) do the same thing at least whenever i see them pass our garage..hehehe...

i know a compression test will definitely take out my doubts...but maybe some tips will help.

9. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    pag sobra ba ng konte (let say 1/4) sa max level yung engine oil mo ano yung magiging effect nito sa engine?

10. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by BeetOls
    is it possible that my engine is already blow by when it does not consume oil?

reason for asking is because i feel an upward pressure when i open my oil filler cap...yes there is also some amount of oil (patak patak lang) being spewed out whenever i hover my palm over it...so it gave me the idea that she might be on her way to rebuilding. no obviously seen white smoke out of the dipstick unless you stare at it for awhile as well.

*colt45 and fuego4x2....do you experience the same?

ive been seeing white smoke during start ups but disappears once warmed up...i have had several attempts of topping it up pero di natutuloy whenever i see newer models (crosswinds and fuegos alike) do the same thing at least whenever i see them pass our garage..hehehe...

i know a compression test will definitely take out my doubts...but maybe some tips will help.
    Kuya Beetol

Di pa masyado malala yan. Baka nga valve seal lang yan. Pwede rin tappet clearance. Worst scenario is top overhaul. I think reseating ng valves palang naman yan. If you take care of the periodic change oil maganda ang valve stem at guide niyan. Matakot kayo pag may oil na sa muffler. Piston rings na malamang yon. Sa Roque Machine shop maganda presyo.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
correct oil pressure