New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    guys,

I've been driving a bighorn 93 4jg2 tdic ltd since 2002 so far no major problems but i noticed that it lacks acceleration, gumagapang talaga, what do you think is the problem? and yung gas pedal i can step on it siguro mga 2" lang hindi sya umaabot sa floor, is there something where i can adjust like wires bolts etc??? I have already asked a mechanic about it but he's insisting that it must be the standard for the 4jg2 bighorn, baka mahina daw acceleration, but when i pull the wire that is attached to the gas pedal from the engine malakas yung engine but on the road it seems insufficient yung power, d kaya sa pedal? and lastly if i have to drive over a flyover it can only get to 60 and not to mention you have to have a head start of about 30m, any inputs will be greatly appreciated guys, thanks!!!

2. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Is the engine speed different when you step on the pedal, and when you pull the wire?

Maybe it's time for a recalibration

Let's wait for more knowledgeable people, though...
    Last edited by scharnhorst; April 29th, 2008 at 06:02 PM.

3. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by scharnhorst View Post
    Is the engine speed different when you step on the pedal, and when you pull the wire?

Maybe it's time for a recalibration

Let's wait for more knowledgeable people, though...
    where can i reach them?

4. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    look for sir 4JGtootsie or sir Dieseldude. If you live in quezon city, you could visit them in Dieselcentral (along q. ave, near capitol medical center)

5. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by scharnhorst View Post
    look for sir 4JGtootsie or sir Dieseldude. If you live in quezon city, you could visit them in Dieselcentral (along q. ave, near capitol medical center)
    thanks but i hope to have some answers on this thread, thanks for the info though

6. Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by armstrong_ken View Post
    thanks but i hope to have some answers on this thread, thanks for the info though
    Bro DIY lang. You must blank the EGR lalakas hatak mo at mawawala ang usok. Follow this link how to do it.
    http://www.itocuk.co.uk/forums/viewt...t=7165&start=0

7. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by nap123 View Post
    Bro DIY lang. You must blank the EGR lalakas hatak mo at mawawala ang usok. Follow this link how to do it.
    http://www.itocuk.co.uk/forums/viewt...t=7165&start=0
    very interesting, but have you done this? and ano ba yang egr? medyo d ko mainthindihan, im not a diy person, may long term consequences kaya ito if blank out ito?

8. Join Date
    Jul 2003
    very interesting, but have you done this? and ano ba yang egr? medyo d ko mainthindihan, im not a diy person, may long term consequences kaya ito if blank out ito?
    Bro walang cons yan. We have the same model of bighorn. 3 years ng naka blank off yung EGR ko. You read the forum link if you want to know about EGR blanking. If you want you may contact Joseph Atutobo para siya nalang ang magblank off niyan bighorn mo.
    His cel no. is 09178405942 .

9. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by nap123 View Post
    Bro walang cons yan. We have the same model of bighorn. 3 years ng naka blank off yung EGR ko. You read the forum link if you want to know about EGR blanking. If you want you may contact Joseph Atutobo para siya nalang ang magblank off niyan bighorn mo.
    His cel no. is 09178405942 .

Thanks bro, ganun din ba gas pedal ng big horn mo? yung sa akin kasi konti lang ang agwat nya mga 2" lang parang bitin hindi sya sumasagad sa floor

10. Join Date
    Jul 2003
    bro pacheck mo nlang kay joseph yan lahat ng problem mo. Matutulungan ka niya, its better makita niya actual.
    Dont call him kung puro tanong lang, syempre alam mo na ibig kong sabihin. kailangan gastusan mo yan bighorn mo to make it good like mine.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Big Horn Walang Hatak!!!