The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    It can be treated as a case of fraud.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

2. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    dami kasi pinoy na nakatingin sa odometer pag bumibili ng sasakyan.. kaya yung mga kawatan yun ang ginamit na tool para maka pang loko.. eh di mabilis ang benta

3. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Let me just clear out some details..... The unit was bought 2nd hand.... ergo, a deed of sale between you and the previous owner (not sure if original owner).

I don't like to sound like a goat here but it'll be a tough road to trek. The current Deed of Sale template does not clearly state that the buyee (you) would be protected from such case like tampered odometer.

Yes, a brand new vehicle would have warranties but 2nd hand vehicles... the most would be "personal guarantees/wanrranty". Without a written agreement to cover warranties/guarantee on specifics, your case would be considered in "gray area".

Looking at it as half full than half empty, if other than a false odo reading the vehicle performs to your expectation and is guaranteed not to be a "HOT CAR", take it as a learning lesson and enjoy the car.

As the saying goes, "WHAT COMES AROUND, GOES AROUND".

4. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Don't rely on the odo. Numbers lang yan. Rely on the condition of the car, after all, it's the one that matters the most ...

5. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by renzo_d10 View Post
    Don't rely on the odo. Numbers lang yan. Rely on the condition of the car, after all, it's the one that matters the most ...
    +1 to this.

My Mb 240D's odo was not properly working when I got it before. No service records except those that were done recent. The car ran fine when I test drove it. That was good enough for me.

What i did next was to bring the car back to "0" state and didn't take much word of what the previous owner claimed he did on the car. Drained all fluid, did a compression test, had the car lifted and replaced all that needs to be replaced. Then again, not even those would guarantee me that the car won't show any more problems for I know it's still a 2nd hand car.

If there is any consolation to what I did, I greatly reduced the chances of possible breakdown.

6. Join Date
    Sep 2010
    First, thanks for all the advice. And for everybody's information, the seller, as he says, is a private owner and not a re-seller. However, I paid a fair price for the car and agreed with only a P5,000 discount because I really was impressed with the excellent exterior condition and of course, I really depended on the odometer reading, which the seller stated was not altered at all. I also did ask around before believing him because most of the opinions I got was that digital odometers are difficult to alter, however, not totally impossible. Sometimes you really have to believe in the honesty of people you deal with, which unfortunately, I got burned on this one. It just pisses me off that I have to spend a substantial amount of money on a car I negotiated in good faith with and only been using for a couple of months. For now, I am still weighing my options on getting back at the seller.

And yes Benzmizer, I really hope that What Comes Around, Goes Around.

7. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    If you're interested in pursuing a case, you'll have to show that the seller advertised it as xx,xxx on the odometer. Otherwise, it'll be hard going. But if you can demonstrate that the seller did willingly falsely advertise, you can actually sue.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

8. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by jayofdonpedro View Post
    First, thanks for all the advice. And for everybody's information, the seller, as he says, is a private owner and not a re-seller. However, I paid a fair price for the car and agreed with only a P5,000 discount because I really was impressed with the excellent exterior condition and of course, I really depended on the odometer reading, which the seller stated was not altered at all. I also did ask around before believing him because most of the opinions I got was that digital odometers are difficult to alter, however, not totally impossible. Sometimes you really have to believe in the honesty of people you deal with, which unfortunately, I got burned on this one. It just pisses me off that I have to spend a substantial amount of money on a car I negotiated in good faith with and only been using for a couple of months. For now, I am still weighing my options on getting back at the seller.

And yes Benzmizer, I really hope that What Comes Around, Goes Around.
    Regarding the digital odometers, it's hard to tamper those but they can easily replace the entire gauge cluster with a new one that has lower mileage. So it's not tampered but replaced.

9. Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by TholitzReloaded View Post
    Regarding the digital odometers, it's hard to tamper those but they can easily replace the entire gauge cluster with a new one that has lower mileage. So it's not tampered but replaced.

Agree to this one. . .most probably hindi sya tampered, but replaced...the latter is easier to do. . . although we cannot really say its not possible to alter the digital odo. . .

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    i am not a buy and sell.... and i have never tampered any odo...
    but natatamper ang digital.... sa alam ko 3t pesos daw pagawa niyan.. 5mins lang daw yan sa gumagawa...
    isasaksak lang daw sa computer.. and tapos na

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Beware of altered digital odometers on isuzu Xwind, Advise needed on legal remedies