New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2010
    I just bought a 2002 xwind xuvi a/t that is supposedly has less than 70,000 kilometers. I was advised that the odometer will be difficult to change since it is digital. However, I found out by accident that the odometer was altered because when I took it to the dealer due to a leaking ATF, they told me that the last regular check up on it way back April 2006, it has already 85000 kms on their records! So assuming a 20K average use, this means the xwind probably already has at least 140T odometer reading. I would like to know what kind of legal remedies can I sue to get back at the seller? Or how I could force him to give me some kind of refund? I really would like to punish this seller for his unethical dealing.

2. Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Maliwanag pa sa sikat ng araw ang pandaraya ginawa sa iyo...

Kung idemanda mo, baka yung compensation na makukuha mo sa seller mo,kulang pa pambayad sa abugado...

Ipagpasa-Diyos mo na lang bro....

kumbaga, charge to ***perience....

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by jayofdonpedro View Post
    I just bought a 2002 xwind xuvi a/t that is supposedly has less than 70,000 kilometers. I was advised that the odometer will be difficult to change since it is digital. However, I found out by accident that the odometer was altered because when I took it to the dealer due to a leaking ATF, they told me that the last regular check up on it way back April 2006, it has already 85000 kms on their records! So assuming a 20K average use, this means the xwind probably already has at least 140T odometer reading. I would like to know what kind of legal remedies can I sue to get back at the seller? Or how I could force him to give me some kind of refund? I really would like to punish this seller for his unethical dealing.
    Check with your lawyer.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Ditto on what GH said.

You can try and return the vehicle to the seller and get a refund. That's what my cousin did when they purchased a used Civic and found out through the dealer that the odo was indeed tampered.

I've encountered tampered digital odometers as early as 1999.
    Last edited by vinj; December 8th, 2010 at 03:31 PM.

5. Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by vinj View Post
    Ditto on what GH said.

You can try and return the vehicle to the seller and get a refund. That's what my cousin did when they purchased a used Civic and found out through the dealer that the odo was indeed tampered.

I've encountered tampered digital odometers as early as 1999.
    Kung ganyan na me positive result, go ahead broTS, sue the seller...

6. Join Date
    May 2006
    Demanda mo para maging aral sa iba

7. Join Date
    Jun 2009
    as what i have experience also pero buti hindi namin na bili. it was 2007 isuzu alterra, the odometer was around 32,+++km but the interior is parang walang alaga ng owner kasi, sira na yung lcd headrest at marami pang iba, i was really confused on why the price on the car is around 800k and the seller is a buy and sell. then my father is ok with the car. while i was inspecting whether the car is a victim of ondoy, yun hindi naman pero pag tingin ko sa booklet is nakita ko yung service manual pag july 2008, ung mileage is 72,+++km na cya(last service nya) so ano ang nangyari sa 2009 at 2010. sure ako dumating na sa 1++,+++km ung mileage, hangang ngayon hindi pa na sold. (dito yan sa cebu)

About naman sa xwind ko, na benta ko na. and for how many days, nakita ko sa net ung xwind ko at ang odometer ay naging 50,000km from 88,+++km. wow grabe na talaga ang mga buy and sell.
    Advice ko lng sa mga plano bumili ng 2nd hand is mas maganda kung sa previous owner ka bibili, wag sa mga 2nd hand na store(sori po sa masaktan)

8. Join Date
    Feb 2010
    I never really though that it can be tampered. . . once palang kami bumili from a Buy and Sell, Crosswing ng father ko, 2003 pero 140+ na ang ODO kaya siguro naman hindi na tampered yon. . . When i bought my car, sa previous owner, so far accurate naman ang ODO nya kasi may manual pa. . .

9. Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Tanong ko lang sa mga legal mind na tsikoter. Meron po ba specific LAW on vehicle odometer tampering? Can somebody post the link. Naisip ko lang na kung meron ay pwede iprint out at gamitin reference when buying used car. Pwede kasi ipakita sa seller & made him swear that the odometer of the car he is selling is true. TIA

10. Join Date
    Feb 2010
    i think walang specific law about tampering. . . per omeron tayong law about warranties pati implied warranties against hidden deffects. The problem here ay second hand lang ang car. . . kaya magaaply ang caveat emptor or buyer beware principle. . .

Pero i think in that case pwede mo isauli ang auto, ireklamo sa police at cityhall para mablacklist di na makakuha ng business permit. . .

di lang ako sure. . . hehe.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Beware of altered digital odometers on isuzu Xwind, Advise needed on legal remedies