New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Peeps,

What’s the best oil to be used in 2003 trooper 4jx1. I’m really getting confused. Please give your inputs on the best oil grade (be it regular oil or fully synthetic). thanks

2. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    From what i've read in the forums so far, looks like if you want to play safe with your 4jx engine, you have to use the casa's besco api 30 oil. You might be taking risks with your injectors/turbo if you use another brand or grade of engine oil.

3. Join Date
    Jan 2004
    av: we have the same model trooper, been using petron all terrain fully synthetic for the last 20tkms on our... so far so good... although i heard nga din safest is if you use besco 10w30 ng casa...

I agree. Besco is the safest choice.

5. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    thanks all for the feedback. kind of expensive to get change oil sa casa. i might try petron all terrain..been canvassing and its like P328/liter at one Petron Branch.

btw, just to share my experience, i got in my car this morning and was to do some errands, the car hasn't moved for 2 days, so when i started the car, it just cranked. so i tried again, it just kept on cranking. so i thought my fuel injections broke. so i started to panic. i remembered my batter is quite old, so maybe its time to change it. but the power is still good, so i kept cranking until it slowed down. finally called motolite express hatid and wala, in 30 minutes, they arrived, changed the battery, and lo and behold, it started in 2 second. good thing it was the battery and not the injectors. i was thinking maybe because i started to use bioactiv on my fuel. anyhow, the battery set me back a few G's.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    75k na ang odo... petron 5w30 gamit ko mula 2003

7. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    besco 10w30... buy it from jayson's sa binondo.. php3,200 ang 8 liters plus the two oil filters pegged at 1,100. isuzu genuine lahat yan...dun din kumukuha ang casa kay jaysons...

8. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    dapat 5w30 or 10w30 lang n fully synthetic, been using petron din.. ok naman cya.. its a substitute of the besco... huwag ka lampas ng 10w30 kung d, mejo sticky na cya n its hard for the engine to use it kc oil type injector gnagamit... kaya dapat low grade tlaga para hindi malapot... we used multigrade oil once and it made the engine stutter... we drained and chang oil it and the stuttering was gone using the besco ng isusu...

9. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    To be safe, use the very expensive Besco oil. Also it helps you avoid trouble on warranty claims. To be practical, any known brand will do basta either 5w-30 or 10w-30. I've been using caltex havoline energy on my Trooper (skyroof 02') since 2004.
    Btw, never use Mobil 1 on your 4JX1. .

10. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    trooper owners, need your inputs on where to have maintenance done for my ride. any suggestions? good quality service within the metro area..im residing in mandaluyong.

im using syntetic oil, but i think there is something wrong with the car, sometimes it drives well but mausok, but something its sluggish acceleration but no smoke..weird..im thinking of changing to normal oil.

inputs pls. pwede thru email or ym av8or5

thanks

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
best oil for 4jx1 trooper