New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    May 2006
    jefsan dapat mag brand new Tucson CRDI ka na lang may 5 year warranty pa

2. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    The tucson is just a 5 seater. My family wants a 7 seater and we have looked at the Innova, carens, and Fuzion already. Even Pajero and Adventure, last was the Isuzu xti. So I've gone around na and so far the Alterra fits the criteria with matching good fuel consumption. But I'm still open to suggestions from you guys. Is it true that the alterra requires special Isuzu oil or is it ok to use rev x or castrol?

3. Join Date
    May 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by jefsan View Post
    The tucson is just a 5 seater. My family wants a 7 seater and we have looked at the Innova, carens, and Fuzion already. Even Pajero and Adventure, last was the Isuzu xti. So I've gone around na and so far the Alterra fits the criteria with matching good fuel consumption. But I'm still open to suggestions from you guys. Is it true that the alterra requires special Isuzu oil or is it ok to use rev x or castrol?
    ah ok

semi synthetic inilalagay ng casa.

4. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    So guys I am throwing back d question to you: Is it worth buying a 2nd hand Alterra? Kindly give ur pros and cons. Many thanx for the info.

5. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    No.

Just use your money as down payment for a brand new 2007 Santa Fe CRDi and you will be happier. For a little bit more, you'll have a better purchase.

6. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    im planning to buy a second hand alterra '06 model... ask ko lang mga tsong kung same pa rin yun dun sa unang labas nung '05? any differences? reasonable ba yung price 1.140M kasi ang asking price nya 24k 4x2 matic? ok lang ba yung price o mashadong mahal? d ko pa din sya nakikita kasi ngayon lang naalok sakin... ano po ba yung mga minor at major na sira naexperience ng mga kind owners natin d2 sa forum para yun agad yung macheck ko kapag sinilip namin yung unit?

7. Join Date
    May 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by archie_keenz View Post
    im planning to buy a second hand alterra '06 model... ask ko lang mga tsong kung same pa rin yun dun sa unang labas nung '05? any differences? reasonable ba yung price 1.140M kasi ang asking price nya 24k 4x2 matic? ok lang ba yung price o mashadong mahal? d ko pa din sya nakikita kasi ngayon lang naalok sakin... ano po ba yung mga minor at major na sira naexperience ng mga kind owners natin d2 sa forum para yun agad yung macheck ko kapag sinilip namin yung unit?

Isuzu has face-lifted the Alterra so many times since releasing it in mid 2005, that its a bit hard to keep track. They changed the headlights and front end last year (2007).

Here's a start. Reviews by motioncars on a 2005 4x2 and a 2006 4x4:

2005 2WD

2006 4WD

Btw, what color are you getting?

Here are the brand new prices of 2005-06 Alterra:

4x2 A/T
    Gold -2 CH stereo (Php 1,444,000.00); 5.1 SES (Php 1,464,000.00)
    Blue -2 CH stereo (Php 1,454,000.00); 5.1 SES (Php 1,474,000.00)
    Gray-2 CH stereo (Php 1,454,000.00); 5.1 SES (Php 1,474,000.00)
    Pearl White-2 CH stereo (Php 1,469,000.00); 5.1 SES (Php 1,489,000.00)

8. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Horsepower View Post
    No.

Just use your money as down payment for a brand new 2007 Santa Fe CRDi and you will be happier. For a little bit more, you'll have a better purchase.
    +1.

Peace of mind is a little easier to come by with a brand new unit, IMO.
    Last edited by Bogeyman; April 21st, 2008 at 05:31 PM.

9. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by archie_keenz View Post
    I suggest you bring a good mechanic with you to inspect the unit. If the unit is still in good condition try to negotiate at least to 1.1M then it’s a good buy. Alterra is indeed a reliable SUV for me even in tough conditions. You can use it as long as you want, punish it, use it in rough roads but it will still remain/ feels like brand new…

10. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Sa Totoo lang buying second hand is a second hand you never know the real truth if what is the reason behind that why they are selling the unit even he's your brother(some times!!!).... ang ibig ko sabihin kung makapagtiis ka ba ng ilang panahon eh bakit hindi pa pagipunan at bago na ang bilhin mo at least masasabi mo ikaw ang naka virgin ng pedal di ba. At Sir iba po talaga ang bago, sa totoo lng kaka benta ko lng ng Land Cruiser ko 96 model VX, and I bought one Sportivo 2008 model walastig ubod ng tatag ng Land Cruiser ko pero Sir iba po talaga ang bago!!!
    I hope you will have a good decission po, God bless!!!
    Last edited by betkap_cabalen; April 23rd, 2008 at 02:26 AM. Reason: kulang sa grammar

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
2nd hand Isuzu Alterra: Is it worth buying?