New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Good afternoon tsikot users. Could you possibly help me on this. My friend is selling me his 2005 white isuzu alterra manual. He wants me to pay a certain downpayment and assume the financing balance. He has paid 24 mos already, thus 24 mos remaining. His monthly is 34k per month. How much do I offer as downpayment? Odometer is only 10k plus. Is it worth buying. What are the problems in the engine or in the performance that I may encounter. Thanks

2. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by voltron View Post
    Good afternoon tsikot users. Could you possibly help me on this. My friend is selling me his 2005 white isuzu alterra manual. He wants me to pay a certain downpayment and assume the financing balance. He has paid 24 mos already, thus 24 mos remaining. His monthly is 34k per month. How much do I offer as downpayment? Odometer is only 10k plus. Is it worth buying. What are the problems in the engine or in the performance that I may encounter. Thanks

hello sir! i own a 2007 alterra 1 month old. sa engine po wala po kayo problema dyan basta sundin nyo lang po ang PMS nya. super tipid po sa diesel ang alterra. medyo matigas lang po yata ang 2nd row seat nya meron kasi jump seat yata yan. sa downpayment naman po magkano po ba offer nya sayo? kailangan po kasi sya mag offer nang D/P hindi ikaw...

3. Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by voltron View Post
    bro, compute mo muna then inform us the price so we can decide kung worth it ba. baka kasi masyadong mahal ang pagbenta sa iyo.

Nga pala, I owned a 2005 Alterra too. So far no problems yet. Mas maganda pa nga performance nito sa Fortuner ko...

God bless!

4. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    ano iyan certain na iyan? dapat siya mag sabi kung magkano gusto niya downpayment??

5. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Hello to all!!! Im jefsan and im thinking of getting a 2005 Alterra too. I test drove one, At, 38tkms, but at around 40-60kph it starts to wiggle. Whats wrong with this alterra? Im paying gud money so I want to make sure the unit runs ok before I pay d full amount (920k). Can any1 help me?

6. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    you can buy a LOT of other better cars for 920k.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I like the alterra. Better than the fortuner IMO. Mas gusto ko ang ride niya and it looks sturdier.

Sta Fe ayaw mo? Hehe.

8. Join Date
    May 2006
    jefsan bago pa bang gulong?

9. Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Hi...your friend should be the one to drop a price for you to consider before you decide to purchase the unit...check the vehicle for any mechanical or electrical faults...it's better to have a reliable mechanic when you test drive the unit (almost three years and a 10k odometer reading does'nt guarantee a headache free driving)...Good Luck

10. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    The tires seem ok , abt 70-80% thread. We brought it to Isuzu Quezon ave and they said needs camber alignment. Charging the dealer P1500. but he didnt have it repaired cuz he has a relative who can fix the unit. So u guys think price is still high for a 2005 model? D Sta Fe? is it better than d Alterra? Help me out guys before I make a bad decision. I initially wanted a 4tuner diesel but havent seen one for my budget.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
2nd hand Isuzu Alterra: Is it worth buying?