New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2011
    ok naman bagong design ng crosswind eh.. we own one, 2012 sportivo, changes touch screen with navigation system and carry, pero sa looks humaba xah at tumaas yun observation koh, kya namin na pili ito kasi matipid tlaga sa diesel although yun nga noisey tlga this is because timing gear ang engine nyah. if im not mistaken isuzu lang ang gumagamit ng timing gear sa unit nila aside from their trucks which a major advantage kasi hindi mo na problema yung mag palit ng timing belt.

compared naman sa adventure, maliit kasi gulong, mababa, matigas ang suspensyon sa road lalo na sa province, at hindi ganun ka luwang.. kung family use tlga sa sportivo kana lang di mo naman kailangan ng matulin na sasakyan pagkasma mo family mo compared to montero mabilis nga magastos sa diesel dahil nga 16 valve ang makina nito, pero kung madami kah tlga pera you better go with fortuner or altera having 3.0 diesel kung gusto mo tlga ng magandang engine at yung airbags, yung abs,

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I'm not anti-Isuzu or anything. Siguro I just want to share my opinion on this rear bumper.

For so many years, the rear bumpers of Crosswinds have been made of metal, with a rubber step on top and plastic end caps.

My biggest beef about it was metal does not self regenerate after impact unlike plastic bumpers which have a chance to regain their original shape again even after moderately strong impacts. The 2.5mph bumpers on Korean cars are required by their home country to only sustain cosmetic damage at impact speeds up to 2.5mph. Metal bumpers just don't do that. Dent one, and you'd better be making an appointment with your latero, pintor, or insurance agent.

So when I finally heard that they will be switching over to a plastic unit, I though it was a great move.

Unfortunately the result is kind of a mixed bag. Yes it is plastic. But holy crap it comes in 3 colors in one unit! Black, body color, and silver. So if you back into a pole or something and you dent or scratch the bumper badly enough, you have to repair three different sections which is kind of a pain compared to a single color bumper (e.g. Innova for comparison's sake). I know my painter will charge more for work like that and it will take a little longer since he has three different sections and textures to contend with.

Some questions:
    *Is the 2012 bumper made of separate pieces or were they just colored differently to give the impression that they are separate? It would be better if the thing could be taken apart for repainting and that only damaged sections can be replaced.

Ayun lang. Kinda backward thinking on Isuzu's part.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789
2011 Isuzu Crosswind , new design of rear bumper