New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Hi I just acquired a 2 door trooper from Cebu last friday. How do I know if its the big horn model? The engine is 4JG2 and it has equipped with an intercooler. What year did this come out?

How much will it cost to install a dashboard from the newer model of trooper's? yung lahat lahat na including the switches, gauges etc..

2. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    it's probably a bighorn kse walang locally lumabas na 3 door trooper

3. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    I just found out I got a 1992 big horn trooper. Can anybody share with me some tidbits about this truck? is this a good truck? Is this what they call the 1st gen trooper?

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Jai,
    i own a Local version 1997 Isuzu Trooper
    CBU from japan, i'd say it one of bext 4x4 i.ve driven.

to be exact on what year you have. check the VIN tapos search mo topic na may VIN explanation dito sa isuzu forum.

did you know that your trooper and the vehicross share the same platform.

ok di ba.

5. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    where can I find the VIN?
    actually im quite happy with it so far, except for the loud engine noise its a good vehicle. I bought it in replacement of my lancer 1997 because I go to Anilao every weekend and needed a good truck that could haul gear and drive thru some rough road.

jai, there is so much data posted already on this board regarding your rig. What yo can do is do a search for "big horn" or "Trooper". Use to own a 5 door unit which is a LWB or Long Wheel Base, yours is SWB or Short Wheel Base. ENjoy!

7. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Is there shop / person in manila who specializes in converted troopers? I have 2 problems with the trooper although minor only, that needs to be address.

1. A warm air emits from the foot area when I reach around 2,000 rpm and a light smell of exhaust smoke is noted.

2. The thermostat on the climate control is not functioning properly. Its keeps turnng off the compressor even if the air from the fan is warm.

Problem #1: May butas yan na hindi natakpan ng mabuti.

#2: Dalhin mo kay Joseph sa MultiNational. 15K binayad ko for a complete overhaul ng A/C. Complete pati wirings.

9. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Hi Gary,
    Can you give me the exact address and contact number of Multinational? How long did it take them to do the overhaul and wiring? Did your trooper come with the electronic climate control thing too?
    thanks

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Big Horn is the Trooper's name in Japan. :D

Kimpoy will happily enlighten you on its virtues.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
2 door trooper