New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2010
    parang wala na yata naka-all white fabric seat covers ngayon ano?

2. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by benchman View Post
    parang wala na yata naka-all white fabric seat covers ngayon ano?
    Ano na color ng fabric seatcover ng Vios J?

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk

3. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    i read somewhere, that the philippines is the world's number one user of car seat covers.
    in most countries, they, like jut, use the car without seat covers.
    the manufacturer goes to great lengths and expense, to design those car seat fabrics. then here we are, covering their handiwork with, if i may opine, seat covers inferior to what the manufacturer put in.
    sana may option dito sa 'pinas... less-than-base model with katsa seats. bahala na buyer kung anong gusto niyang ikabit.

btw... putting seat covers over leather seats, is a crime! heh heh.

what do i do? the grey casa corduroy seat covers are still on my seats, after 4 years...
    Quote Originally Posted by ninjababez View Post
    sakin tinabi ko, ginagamit ko pangtakip sa leatherette pag iiwan ko sa casa yung unit for repairs or what not
    Quote Originally Posted by Yatta View Post
    Nung single pa ako, wala seatcovers. Pero nung nagka-anak na, kailangan meron na.

Good idea pag PMS pwede nga cover kasi pwede labhan pag nag ka grasa.

Pinapagawa kong seat cover naman ay kaparehas ng stock seat design parang stock din sya kaya di ko nasaktan ang kalooban ng designer.

Hindi lang dahil sa bata kaya may seat cover ang mga cage ko. DAhil pati sa mga dalaga at asawa. Asiwa silang umupo once every month kapag hindi naka leatherette ang seat. Mahirap daw linisan pag natagusan.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by _Cathy_ View Post
    Ano na color ng fabric seatcover ng Vios J?

oem? wala ako idea eh. i meant yung nabibiling fabric seat covers. pero gaya nung sabi ni yatta, kung binata pa ako i would dare mag-all white seat covers kahit laos na. it's just me =)

5. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by benchman View Post
    oem? wala ako idea eh. i meant yung nabibiling fabric seat covers. pero gaya nung sabi ni yatta, kung binata pa ako i would dare mag-all white seat covers kahit laos na. it's just me =)
    Hahaha. Yung AE101 ko kasi White din fabric seatcover from casa. I like White fabric seatcover too.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2010
    at kung hindi lang talaga sya work horse. kaso baka wala na talagang ibang makasakay except wifey and daughter kapag nakita nila puting-puti ang seats haha.
    wala lang, ayaw ko lang talaga na makalat sa kotse.

7. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    thanks for all the replies..

When I was a kid , my dad buys the "curduroy" seat covers for our cars..i guess the casas dont hand out those freebie seat covers before like they do now.

Its a pain to remove it, wash it and put it back again though.

What I do notice about cloth or fabric seat covers is, they eventually pack a huge amount of dust. We do clean and vacuum the cars regularly (or maybe not enough?), but when you smack the seats hard, a cloud of dust will always rise..

so Ive been using these leatherette seatcovers which is easier to clean.

Also, installing a new seat cover on an old car + interior detailing really gives it a new lease in life, as far as looks go.

BY THE WAY, I use "WipeOut" to clean it (as shown to me by my old suki) but this salesgirl in Ace says i should never use Wipeout bec it will damage the cover and I should use a "leather cleaner" instead. (But I thought the leatherette is just faux leather, and so far Ive been using Wipeout just fine). So whats the verdict here?

And as far as my own case is concerned.. my car is an Innova J, with Vinyl seats (which I havent seen yet since its covered already when I saw it, lol). Its supposed to be one of the major differences between the higher E, G models who comes with fabric seats. So putting a nice seatcover on it gets rid of THAT difference...

Anyway... nice inputs.. But no one here has heard of this "just put the new seatcover on top of the old one" thing? Im kinda tempted to do it so I dont have to think about what to do with that old one...

8. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by _Cathy_ View Post
    Hahaha. Yung AE101 ko kasi White din fabric seatcover from casa. I like White fabric seatcover too.

Since our Innova is White, my wife wanted a 2 toned seat cover with White in it. I was against it bec it will get dirty easily. BUT, she didnt want Black and white (a classic look im ok with), and wanted red and white---ugh. We eventually compromised on grey and white. Crossing fingers it will come out good ...

9. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    i'd look at the warning in wipeout. does it indicate if it is safe for all plastics and/or rubber objects?

10. Join Date
    May 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    i read somewhere, that the philippines is the world's number one user of car seat covers.
    in most countries, they, like jut, use the car without seat covers.
    the manufacturer goes to great lengths and expense, to design those car seat fabrics. then here we are, covering their handiwork with, if i may opine, seat covers inferior to what the manufacturer put in.
    sana may option dito sa 'pinas... less-than-base model with katsa seats. bahala na buyer kung anong gusto niyang ikabit.

btw... putting seat covers over leather seats, is a crime! heh heh.

what do i do? the grey casa corduroy seat covers are still on my seats, after 4 years...
    I'm guilty. I put seat covers over leathers seats, but only on the second row. I use it for protection since that is where my dog sits and moves around.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast