New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Hey guys, I have some questions about seatcovers...

Recently saw a good sale in Ace Hardware on seatcovers (leatherette) and my inquiry led to a purchase. (it was less 10% with another less 10% for SM Advantage sale) The net purchase price is cheaper than my suking upholstery shop I usually go to (which surprised me), plus I got a lot of freebies.

Anyway, this is for our recently purchased Toyota Innova.. barely a month old so still with a new cheap cloth seatcover freebie from the Casa. I jokingly asked the sales agent what am i supposed to do with my existing seat cover..can I trade it in?

She then replied that what they do with some of their other customers with new cars daw is they leave it on, and put the new seatcover over it, and it serves as extra padding.. this is the first I heard of this and im wondering if shes just saying that as an excuse so they dont need to remove it later (purchase comes with free installation and the agents will be the ones doing it later) OR do people really do that?

This is my first time to buy a new seatcover for a newly purchased car. My last car (an Accent), i waited one year to do it... I removed the existing seatcover, had my car interior detailed (very dusty) and shampooed before having it installed. I thought about whether to wash the old one to keep it as a spare but i just ended up throwing it, realizing im not going to use it ever again.. (sayang ba to throw it?)

So what do YOU guys do with the free seatcover? And do you put on new seatcovers while your car is new or after awhile?
    Does everyone replace it , keep it on, or prefer the cars natural upholstery..

Because I just realized if I/We had an intention of immediately buying a seatcover, then I should not have accepted that as a "freebie" from the Casa and asked for something else instead (although what, I dont know). Do EVERY dealer offer freebie seatcovers and does everyone take it?

Hope someone can answer me regarding leaving the old one on and putting new one over it, as its ready to be installed next week.. (and if the suggestion is to remove it, as was my earlier intention, what am i going to do with it? sayang naman to throw it...anyone interested in buying a slightly used seatcover for the Innova? hehe )

2. Join Date
    May 2014
    sakin tinabi ko, ginagamit ko pangtakip sa leatherette pag iiwan ko sa casa yung unit for repairs or what not

3. Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by kyleryner View Post
    Because I just realized if I/We had an intention of immediately buying a seatcover, then I should not have accepted that as a "freebie" from the Casa and asked for something else instead (although what, I dont know). Do EVERY dealer offer freebie seatcovers and does everyone take it?
    I asked mine to swap with a car cover instead.

4. Join Date
    May 2014
    BTW puhunan ng ahente sa car seat is around 500php, kaya natatawa ako dun sa olx na nagbebenta ng 1k pataas eh

5. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Ibanta mo sa mga UV express. Pwede yata gamitin pero yung mga seatcover kasi sukat na yan so kung iiwan mo at tatakpan, baka hindi magkasya yung ipapatong mo.

6. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    I gave mine away to my SA. Kinabit nila before releasing my car but I told them to remove it tapos sabi ko sa kanila na.

I use my car without any seat covers - looks better that way. Harder to clean but so far in almost a year, it's not that dirty yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7. Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Yes, the original fabric is not only better looking but also last for almost the "lifetime" of your car. Matibay at dirt resistant. I had mine still looking good and clean for 11 years, except for the drivers seat, yung tinatamaan ng left leg mo sa underside ng upuan, medyo gasgas na at evident lang kung sadyang sisilipin. Siguro dahil sa otomatic ang sakyan ko at madalas na nakakilo lang ang binti ko.

8. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    i read somewhere, that the philippines is the world's number one user of car seat covers.
    in most countries, they, like jut, use the car without seat covers.
    the manufacturer goes to great lengths and expense, to design those car seat fabrics. then here we are, covering their handiwork with, if i may opine, seat covers inferior to what the manufacturer put in.
    sana may option dito sa 'pinas... less-than-base model with katsa seats. bahala na buyer kung anong gusto niyang ikabit.

btw... putting seat covers over leather seats, is a crime! heh heh.

what do i do? the grey casa corduroy seat covers are still on my seats, after 4 years...

9. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    My car is never without seat covers. I had leatherette seats installed in 2008 for my 1996 Corolla and the installer complimented that the seats were still sariwa and firm. I don't think that would be the case if I wasn't meticulous with the seatcover.

Back in college I have a friend who left period stains on the fabric seatcover of my car. What a nightmare if that happened without seatcover. So it's also protection.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by _Cathy_; March 20th, 2016 at 10:26 PM.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Nung single pa ako, wala seatcovers. Pero nung nagka-anak na, kailangan meron na.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast