New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    How do you properly dry a soaked carpet?

2. Join Date
    May 2005
    Ideally you got to take it out and leave it to air dry (under the sun, better). In the end, it depends on the severity of wetness/moisture the carpet has been exposed to. Hope you can provide more details.

3. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Yung 2nd row ng avanza ko eh nabuhusan ng mga bata ng pitcher ng tubig. Basa yung matting and carpet. Tried to clean up by using a MF towel to soak up excess water.

4. Join Date
    May 2005
    If its the floor carpet is soaking wet (as in a puddle of formed after the spill) then it is advisable remove the carpet (usually its the entire panel) and air dry it. That way, you'll be sure it that it dries up completely. If you leave it on the vehicle to dry, it would take longer to dry and you can't be sure for certain if it dried up already.

If the "wet" carpet did not completely dry up, it would leave this really foul odor that would linger in your car until you have the carpet washed and completely dry. This happened to one of our cars. It still has an odor and we're to lazy to remove, wash and dry the carpet. :D

5. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    no puddles naman. right now its damp. is it ok to put a towel on top to absorb the water? Wala kasi akong hair dryer o heat gun o wet vac man lang.

How do you remove the carpet? Looking at it, i think I will need to remove the seats to pull out the carpet.

6. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    ok i removed the towel and replaced it with an electric fan pointed directly at the carpet will leave on over night hope this works.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    bilad sa araw ang the best. if you have a secure area where you can leave the car with doors and windows open, directly under the sun, your problem will go away within a day.

it also might be a good idea to spray the area afterwards with a fabric odor remover like Febreze (kung meron ka nito).

8. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Bilad nga lang ang solution. I have the same problem, as I carry a lot of water for my kid in the car, so it kinda smells musty if I leave it parked too long.

Yes, you have to remove the seats to get the carpet out. You can do it yourself if you have the right wrenches... just don't lose the bolts and fasteners. Best you have a few coffee cups to keep these in, as it's easy to lose them if you just set them aside.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    The front seat is held by four bolts.

Generally you don't have to remove the console as the carpet is just 'tucked' around it.

The Avanza's carpet is not continous with the cargo compartment matting, right?

If there is foam insulation underneath, you're a bit screwed. You really have to remove it otherwise, water will stay with the foam.

When my cousin's Miata sank during Milenyo, she had the boys at Big Bert's take out the carpet and wash it. So that she will be able to use the vehicle, they put the seats back in minus the carpeting. She returned to pick up the carpet after BBPD was done with it.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

10. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    yup tingin ko air dry maganda kung me place ka i open mo lahat pati windows tapos bayaan mo lang..then spray mo nga nang febreze ..ok na yan bro

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
soaked carpet