New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2007
    we have one car with it in the driver side only and all the rear seats removed, pang racing lang talaga siya... uncomfortable kahit short distances nakakapagod magdrive lalo na kung traffic.

2. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Depends. There are racing seats that still offer a bit of space and minimal restriction, and there are some that are bolstered so much that once you ride in it, you pretty much stay in that position until you get out.

Try some seats out and see which ones you feel comfortable with. There are adjustable racing seats naman, not all of them are comfy. Others still have adjustable lumbar support which is great. When I rode in my father's SiR with Recaro Millenium seats, both for driver and passenger side, I don't feel uncomfortable since they're adjustable, but my wife might beg to differ since they pretty much offer less passenger movement.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2008
    for me leather seats are good (pero porma mas maganda racing seats) kaso mainit.. yung sweat ko medyo kakaiba pagnadidikit sa leather. hindi naman sticky kinalalabasan pero pano ba iexplain yun? basta hindi nagiging comfortable balat ko sa leather on long driving conditions hehe. pero so far ok lang kung saglit na travel lang. factor din kaya yun na icoconsider ng thread starter? i mean parehas kaya kami ng balat? XD

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    If you don't race (or drive the car near it's limits), racing seats would just be another pointless & expensive upgrade.

5. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by ghosthunter View Post
    If you don't race (or drive the car near it's limits), racing seats would just be another pointless & expensive upgrade.
    +100!

6. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by ghosthunter View Post
    It really depends on whom you talk to.

I'm actually considering an upgrade to a Bride Digo reclining seat because the Jazz's stock seats have squabs that are too short. This lack of support will take a toll on your thighs and knees in a car with a manual gearbox. On longer drives (i.e. longer than 4 hours), you'll see what I mean...and I'm just 5'8". The Digo's squab is usefully longer but isn't as restrictive due to moderate side bolstering.

To each his own, ika nga. Kung saan ka masaya eh di doon ka.

Like Keisuke Takahashi says in "Initial D Fourth Stage" though, if you live and sleep in your car, you might want to reconsider. Fixed-bucket seats are a pain to sleep in.
    Last edited by Type 100; December 22nd, 2008 at 05:20 PM.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by Type 100 View Post
    It really depends on whom you talk to.

I'm actually considering an upgrade to a Bride Digo reclining seat because the Jazz's stock seats have squabs that are too short. This lack of support will take a toll on your thighs and knees in a car with a manual gearbox. On longer drives (i.e. longer than 4 hours), you'll see what I mean...and I'm just 5'8". The Digo's squab is usefully longer but isn't as restrictive due to moderate side bolstering..
    And how often do you drive for four hours on a stretch? Do you really need it or are you just justifying to yourself that you "might" need it?

8. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Dude, chill...just pointing out the benefit of the seat. I have plans of going to trackdays...that's my primary motivation for getting one.

You're free to think it's pointless or shmoes like me are "justifying" the purchase. But it's not your money, it's mine. I think I'm free to spend it on what I want/need.
    Last edited by Type 100; December 22nd, 2008 at 10:54 PM.

9. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    if im going to upgrade to racing seats. ill get the reclinable one.

but if im to choose for a non reclinable racing seats for upgrade.. hell no.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by dirk_diggler View Post
    I'm planning to buy non-reclinable MOMO racing seats for my MR2 but I just have a few questions:

- are they comfortable for daily use?
    - will the passenger (e.g. GF/Wife) feel comfortable siting on a non-reclinable seat?
    - will it look weird if I just have 1 racing seat for the driver and keep the orig passenger seat?
    - would reclinable racing seats be a better option? will it still be comfortable?

first time buyer so I just wanted to be sure. thanks
    1. NO. i may be a little spoiled compared to others here (niky for example i know has had quite a bit of track time so he might be more tolerant), but even the best Recaros are a PITA (literally ) for me. now, i have had some sciatic nerve damage from weightlifting so it might be tolerable for you. but definitely....

2. HELL NO. i guarantee your GF or wife will hate it.

3. debatable. i think it looks ricey usually. but if you are racing on a budget then it might be your only option. come to think of it, IMO racing seats are always ricey if you never track your car. but it's your money and my opinion matters very little when you decide what to spend it on.

4. more comfortable, yes. but why not try to find a seat constructed like the stocker BMW sport package seats that are both highly supportive but also comfortable for long stretches of driving. only downside is that they are not at all light.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
are non-reclinable racing seats uncomfortable for daily use?