My car cleaning kit consists of these:

- Simoniz car shampoo
    - PVA sponge
    - pail
    - water hose
    - tire brush
    - Armor All protectant
    - Armor All glass cleaner
    - WD-40 (used on hinges as an anti-corrosion measure)
    - Microtex car duster (a cheaper version of the California Car Duster)
    - Microtex Ultra MF towel for dusting the interior
    - Microtex Plush MF towels and chamois for exterior drying
    - vacuum cleaner

I use Armor All protectant for the interior and the engine's cosmetics (valve cover, air cleaner box, oil cap) after light washing with car shampoo solution and drying. I'm not really a believer in engine washes as they can potentially screw up your car's electricals.

When washing, I let the water "sheet" on the car and try to avoid spraying. Start with the roof first and work downwards; let gravity help you do the job. Try to stop your washing at the bumper or wheel line, then start again. This is because the bodywork below the bumper or wheel line is usually the dirtiest part of the car and you don't want to re-introduce its dirt to the parts you've already cleaned. If you can, try using different sponges and water for the bumper line downwards.

The MF towels and chamois are very helpful, but you can't just use them like you would a regular rag. After washing, you just lay the towel flat on the wet car and drag the moisture off. This method works for flat, horizontal surfaces such as roofs or hoods. For verticals such as the car's sides, fold the MF towel or chamois in two and drag the moisture off sideways. Wring the towel or chamois if it's no longer absorbing water.

HTHs

2. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by jay05 View Post
    is it true na ung car wax e nkkapagpanipis ng pintura ng kotse?!tsaka how frequent dapat na mag apply ng car wax mga ser?
    Huh?

Car wax will do the opposite thing. It's going to protect your car's paint from stuff that DOES eat through it...such as bird guano. Trust me, bird poop is very acidic and can rapidly eat through your car's paint if not tended to ASAP.

3. Join Date
    Sep 2008
    for me, 2 sets of synthetic chamois, microtex car shampoo, and uber dami ng water for washing and rinsing...

Armor-All for the interiors and for Tire black.

ngayon ko lang narinig yung california car duster?!
    san meron nito, and how much? and how long does it usually last?

4. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    "Cali Dusters" can be found in your friendly neighborhood hardware stores

Not sure about the price though.

5. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by badbadtz.carlo View Post
    for me, 2 sets of synthetic chamois, microtex car shampoo, and uber dami ng water for washing and rinsing...

Armor-All for the interiors and for Tire black.

ngayon ko lang narinig yung california car duster?!
    san meron nito, and how much? and how long does it usually last?
    Matagal ang buhay ng CCD, bro... Washing it is *NOT* recommended. By all means, avoid running it over cat piss. I know, cuz it happened to my CCD. I had to wash it a little, and now it doesn't work as well as before. :sad:

I bought my CCD from Handyman in Trinoma, Php800.00 only. I plan to buy a new one and just use the old one when there's danger of cat piss again. Hehe.

http://www.calcarduster.com/

6. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    I recently bought Microtex Car Duster, car shampoo, wax, bath mitts, chamois etc. Now my dilemma is where to put all this in. I mean you guys how do you carry it in the trunk of your cars? You just put it in one bag? Para naman po maayos tingnan ang trunk. Thanks po

7. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    I recently bought Microtex Car Duster, car shampoo, wax, bath mitts, chamois etc. Now my dilemma is where to put all this in. I mean you guys how do you carry it in the trunk of your cars? You just put it in one bag? Para naman po maayos tingnan ang trunk. Thanks po

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by allenperez View Post

get a trunk organizer. i think it costs around 300 pesos sa blade.

9. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Two quick questions lang po:

1) Pareho lang ba yung microfiber towels na available sa department stores dun sa microfiber na ginagamit niyo para sa kotse? Na sa P12-17 lang kasi yung sa department store eh

2) Yung wash mitt, I bought one sa concorde. What's the texture supposed to be like? Yung sa akin parang magaspang yung feeling eh. I saw sa Youtube kasi yung gamit lamb's wool yung wash mitt niya, super lambot siguro. Any brand wash mitt you can recommend? Thanks!

10. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by allenperez View Post

Sakin sa may spare tire housing ng jazz nakalgay ung Microtex Elite, Plush and ung mga quick detailer. Yung California carduster dun lang sa ilalim ng seats

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
MUST HAVEs in cleaning/maintaining your car in and out?