New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    May 2018
    Sis Cathy, I hope you had the carpets and seat covers washed too (as we advised dati).

As for the spores ng mold in the vents and A/C system, better have it professionally cleaned if tinatamad ka mag DIY.

2. Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Ma"papatay" kaya ng Microtec Bac-to-zero yung molds sa car interior ni Ms. Cathy?

3. Join Date
    May 2018
    Quote Originally Posted by timtonymanu View Post
    Ma"papatay" kaya ng Microtec Bac-to-zero yung molds sa car interior ni Ms. Cathy?
    I'm not sure what's the active ingredient in that product.

It would be safe to say however, that in the right concentration, most commercial disinfectants will kill, or inactivate the majority of microbes if they're exposed to it for a sufficient amount of time. No disinfectant will be able to kill all 'germs' however.

Just note though that killing the mold and spores (ie. it's 'seeds') are important to prevent them from spreading, but even when "killed", they still remain a health risk because they can cause adverse reactions in people (allergies, etc.), so physically cleaning them off the surfaces they're on is still important.

===
    By the way, wag kayo masanay gumamit ng mga disinfectants/antibacterial products & soaps lagi. On an 'as needed' basis lang. In most cases, basic hygiene (plain soap and water) will suffice.

Humans are not meant to live in a 'sterile' environment.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by timtonymanu View Post
    not healthy imo. how long does the active ingredient stay active? poison ☠

5. Join Date
    May 2018
    Hindi naman siguro. When used as indicated.

Yung rubbing alcohol that people commonly use, that's poisonous naman din, but you're not supposed to *drink* it right?

===
    More likely, aerosolised Ethyl Alcohol lang yan (parang Lysol spray), packed in a sustained release cannister na single use.

6. Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by _Cathy_ View Post
    My car grew mold on it's interior a few months ago. I wiped it off using CG's interior cleaner. The mold has not grown back but I can still smell it. I have activated carbon bamboo charcoal under the car seats. It does not seem to help though. I'm also worried that it can be bad for my health?

I plan to leave my car out in the sun this weekend. Hope that kills the remaining mold
    For nasty odors I sprinkle baking soda on carpet, leave the car under the sun, vacuum off the baking soda the next day.

7. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    can we just drive it to the professional interior detailers?
    i wonder, what do they use?

8. Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    can we just drive it to the professional interior detailers?
    i wonder, what do they use?
    Yes Doc, for P1,800. What's the fun in that? Hehehe

9. Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by SoleusBB View Post
    Hindi naman siguro. When used as indicated.

Yung rubbing alcohol that people commonly use, that's poisonous naman din, but you're not supposed to *drink* it right?

===
    More likely, aerosolised Ethyl Alcohol lang yan (parang Lysol spray), packed in a sustained release cannister na single use.
    Isn't Lysol a scam? Hehehe

This I found on YouTube... Been using it for 3 years now, every 6mos on all my GrabCars

AMAZING Way To SUPER CLEAN The NASTIEST Carpet ! - YouTube
    DIY cleaning solution :
    1 scoop OxiClean
    2-4 tbps Ajax dishwasher (aka Joy)
    3 tbsp rubbing alcohol
    6 tbsp of glass cleaner with ammonia
    Fill with hot water to make a gallon
    Make a small hole in the gallon cap to allow the OxiClean to bubble

1) Pour to flood on and brush carpet
    2) Soak for 2hrs
    3) brush again, repeatedly soak and brush as necessary
    4) Flush with running water, simultaneously vacuum out
    5) Dry for 5days with doors open

10. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by SidCoronel View Post
    Yes Doc, for P1,800. What's the fun in that? Hehehe
    after a lifetime of cleaning up the interiors after the kids,
    "it's fun to fork over that 1800 bucks and watch them toil over your car's interior."
    heh heh.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast