New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Join Date
    May 2018
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    can we just drive it to the professional interior detailers?
    i wonder, what do they use?
    Elbow grease.

"Di bale nang tamad, di ka naman pagod" -anonymous

Hahaha...

2. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by chris_d View Post
    The mold could have grown in the vents, inside the dashboard, under the seats and in many other spots.

Had the same problem a few months ago.

Spray some Lysol. When using the car drive with all windows down unless madami snatchers sa area.
    This is what I suspect, because my car is squeaky clean naman.

I drove with the windows down yesterday Though I can't use Lysol because it makes me dizzy

Quote Originally Posted by SoleusBB View Post
    Sis Cathy, I hope you had the carpets and seat covers washed too (as we advised dati).

As for the spores ng mold in the vents and A/C system, better have it professionally cleaned if tinatamad ka mag DIY.
    Doctor, don't get mad, because I have not I cleaned the seat cover and carpet naman. As for the AC system, I am scared to have it cleaned kasi baka masira pa nila sa casa.

Quote Originally Posted by SidCoronel View Post
    For nasty odors I sprinkle baking soda on carpet, leave the car under the sun, vacuum off the baking soda the next day.
    Thanks! Baking soda is so versatile talaga

Elbow grease.

Hahaha...
    LOLd when I saw that at a passenger jeep.

I go by, "If you want it done well, do it yourself". I made a strict rule for anyone NOT to clean my car. It frustrates my family when my car is gathering dust pero ayoko ipagalaw :P

3. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Elbow grease.

Hahaha...
    sa mall,
    merong elbow joint na metal or plastic pa nga, may elbow macaroni, may all sorts of grease... but
    walang elbow grease!

hindi po anonymous.
    unanimous is more like it.

heh heh.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Quote Originally Posted by _Cathy_ View Post
    This is what I suspect, because my car is squeaky clean naman.

I drove with the windows down yesterday Though I can't use Lysol because it makes me dizzy

Doctor, don't get mad, because I have not I cleaned the seat cover and carpet naman. As for the AC system, I am scared to have it cleaned kasi baka masira pa nila sa casa.

Thanks! Baking soda is so versatile talaga

LOLd when I saw that at a passenger jeep.

I go by, "If you want it done well, do it yourself". I made a strict rule for anyone NOT to clean my car. It frustrates my family when my car is gathering dust pero ayoko ipagalaw :P
    bakit ba inamag, in the first place?

4. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    bakit ba inamag, in the first place?
    I have no idea, I didn't use the car for several weeks (or months). I didn't leave anything moist inside the car so not sure how it happened.

I've had my car out in the sun since 8 am and it's smelling good again. Later I will clean it.

5. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by _Cathy_ View Post
    I have no idea, I didn't use the car for several weeks (or months). I didn't leave anything moist inside the car so not sure how it happened.

I've had my car out in the sun since 8 am and it's smelling good again. Later I will clean it.
    when i had that amag thing, it was because it was a very rainy day that i last used the car, before i hibernated it for a few weeks.
    shed a lot of elbows, to clean it myself.
    "next time, sa detailer ko na lang dadalhin."
    Last edited by dr. d; February 2nd, 2019 at 01:51 PM.

6. Join Date
    Apr 2012
    when i had that amag thing, it was because it was a very rainy day that i last used the car, before i hibernated it for a few weeks.
    shed a lot of elbows, to clean it myself.
    "next time, sa detailer ko na lang dadalhin."
    i had the same experience last rainy season. the wife did not use the car for a while and left it in the garage. when i got home, its molds all over the interior cabin, leather seats, steering wheel, seat belts, door sidings etc. cleaned it with Mother's VLR then brought outside the garage to dry in the sun with all the doors open. the amag smell went away and smelling leathery fresh again...

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123