New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by kai s. View Post
    Reviving this thread because I just bought this 3M Scotchguard Fabric Protector for my car seats, which are upholstered in dark fabric.

Attachment 35058

It's in an aerosol can, with reminders to ensure good ventilation during application and to avoid overspray on other areas.

Question for the Tsikot detailing gurus: Do I need to remove my car seats (never attempted this before, no idea how yet) so I can freely spray them or can I get away with applying this inside the car?

I'm no guru, but I used Scotchguard on my carpet. I just opened all the doors and windows, and made sure to let the product dissipate before moving on to another area of the car.

2. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    It's in an aerosol can, with reminders to ensure good ventilation during application and to avoid overspray on other areas.

Question for the Tsikot detailing gurus: Do I need to remove my car seats (never attempted this before, no idea how yet) so I can freely spray them or can I get away with applying this inside the car?
    You can spray them inside the car, just have a wiping cloth nearby for when you over spray ... air out the car a couple of hours ... not too early and not too late to avoid mosquitoes ... used about 2 to 2.5 cans on a sedan ... did a double layer application ... take note though that most modern car seats are somewhat water and stain resistant already ... search online about how car manufacturers choose materials for their car seats ...

3. Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Reviving this thread because I just bought this 3M Scotchguard Fabric Protector for my car seats, which are upholstered in dark fabric.

Attachment 35058

I use the same product. But first, I use 3M Scotchguard Fabric Cleaner. Also in spray can. Next, I use 3M Scotchguard Fabric Protector. My stock car seats are Black. I spray them inside the car.

Sent from my ASUS_Z010D using Tapatalk

4. Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by AllenR View Post
    I'm no guru, but I used Scotchguard on my carpet. I just opened all the doors and windows, and made sure to let the product dissipate before moving on to another area of the car.
    Thank you! Good to hear from others who've used the same product

Quote Originally Posted by Walter View Post
    You can spray them inside the car, just have a wiping cloth nearby for when you over spray ... air out the car a couple of hours ... not too early and not too late to avoid mosquitoes ... used about 2 to 2.5 cans on a sedan ... did a double layer application ... take note though that most modern car seats are somewhat water and stain resistant already ... search online about how car manufacturers choose materials for their car seats ...
    Ohhhh I have to buy another can first. I was too optimistic and bought only one hahaha

Quote Originally Posted by red_one View Post
    I use the same product. But first, I use 3M Scotchguard Fabric Cleaner. Also in spray can. Next, I use 3M Scotchguard Fabric Protector. My stock car seats are Black. I spray them inside the car.
    Hmm I have Microtex Quickleen, okay lang naman siguro to use from another line? Or (I'm hopeful haha) skip it altogether since I think my seats are still somewhat clean. This is more from reluctance to add another few hours to dry the seats completely before coating.

5. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    If you're spraying just one layer ... 1 can will do ... use up your can first before buying another one ... also 1 layer is ok already ... just respray after a couple of months ... stopped using this ... now using a bath towel that color matches seat color ... easier to remove and clean weekly compared to a seat cover ... buy 2-3 so you have spare ... it will still be many times cheaper than a seat cover ...

6. Join Date
    May 2017
    Remove the dusts and dirt first. I suggest a good vacuum. This vacuum from Type S is a good one. The suction power is strong and the motor sound is not that loud so you wont disturb others while vacuuming. Here's a photo for reference:
    ac55946.jpg

It's available in True Value, Handyman and DIY Shop. Srp is around Php 1,990

7. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Type S branded items have poor quality ... also avoid their wipers ...

8. Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Saw a small (4L) Shop-vac vacuum in Lazada for less than 3k.

Sent from my E6853 using Tsikot Forums mobile app

9. Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Get the Shop-Vac Micro model. It is not expensive. Good for car and home use. Small, portable, powerful.

10. Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by red_one View Post
    Get the Shop-Vac Micro model. It is not expensive. Good for car and home use. Small, portable, powerful.

I second this. Based on my experience with the 30 liter pro model, very reliable pa and can be used for wet vacuuming.

Sent from my E6853 using Tsikot Forums mobile app

Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
DIY Interior Detailing