New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Guys,

Plan to DIY my interior bumili na ako meguairs APC and eagle one leather cleaner and conditioner. My question is I have tried cleaning the seats but ang lagkit ng residue... bakit ganun.. gamit ko is eagle one should I dilute it with water? what i did is to wipe it with rug with water after bumubula pa nga... then tsaka ko na lagyan ng conditioner.

Overall I am not that satisfied with the cleaness and plan to do it again hehehe anong brush ang magandang ipanglinis sa leather seats? takot ko kasi baka masyado magaspang yung brush kaya nung brush ko parang may mga lil pieces na natatanggal sa leather is this normal???

With regards the dashboard/sidings never used armor all since lalo ito prone to dust. What can i use to protect this from fading but don't want the same sticky feeling like armor all.

btw my ride is trooper which has a beige interior.. deym hirap linisin.

thanks in advance for your advice.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    mdpo,
    sa interior isa lang ang panlinis ko
    (3M) or any other Multi-purpose Cleaner
    plus a good morning towel and toothbrush

just spray the cleaner sa towel then rub vigorously area
    portion by portion dapat

after cleaning the apply the sealer/conditioner/what have you

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    md instead of a brush sa leather, try using cotton towels with your cleaner. the brush might scratch nga the leather.

i use diluted meg apc sa vinyl and abs plastic ng dash and sidings. spray it lightly using atomiser, scrub the spot with toothbrush, then wipe clean with cotton towel. you may want to spray pure water using another atomiser so that the apc is totally rinsed out. basta wipe lang kaagad para hindi messy and hindi mag dry up which can cause ugly streaks.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    thanks guys, so kailangan ko pala ng isa pang sprayer hehe

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    yup!
    nga pala i dillute also my multi purpose cleaner
    .25 solution .75 water

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    never use multipurpose cleaner (or apc) on leather even if it's diluted, you'll discolor it really fast...

also, rubbing fabrics is not a recommended procedure coz you'll only be rubbing the dirt into the fabric and foam, and not removing it.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    theveed, kung leather ba ok lang i-rub?

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    what kind of cleanser do i user to clean plastic moldings and sides?

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    ok lang irub, but it highly depends on the leather type, some are coated and some are not... Pajero leather is poorly dyed and discolors even with soap and water, so leathers of such type should be regularly wiped clean coz it's hard to clean it thoroughly but safely.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Thanks theveed.. leather yung sa trooper ko.. hirap nga linisin eh. Maski di nagagamit it turns black what can u recommend? daily wipe of clean cloth with wateR???

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
DIY Interior detailing