New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Hi there. I would like to ask how I can fix my auto interior's discolouration. The interior is coloured grey and seems to be slowly turning slightly brownish yellow. Here are some photos.

I also have some gunk around my lighter plug which I can't take off. It's coloured brown and is quite stubborn.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by K.I.L.L. View Post
    Hi there. I would like to ask how I can fix my auto interior's discolouration. The interior is coloured grey and seems to be slowly turning slightly brownish yellow. Here are some photos.

I also have some gunk around my lighter plug which I can't take off. It's coloured brown and is quite stubborn.

Any tips / leads / advice? My last option is to have it repainted I guess but I'm hoping that there'd be a possible easier and cheaper solution.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    i think those are stains already due to contamination.
    one of your option is to have it releathered.
    yung sa lighter plug, pwede mo i replace yun... may mga nabibiling ganyan sa blade.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by 1D4LV View Post
    i think those are stains already due to contamination.
    one of your option is to have it releathered.
    yung sa lighter plug, pwede mo i replace yun... may mga nabibiling ganyan sa blade.
    Contamination? Hmm... never thought that can happen. I thought they were just stains caused by the driver's dirty hands. They're made of plastic so having them re-wrapped might not be an option though I will ask about that this weekend.

As for the lighter plug, I didn't think of replacing it. I will try to clean it this weekend using "goo gone" and if it doesn't work, I will check out the ones from Blade.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by K.I.L.L. View Post
    Contamination? Hmm... never thought that can happen. I thought they were just stains caused by the driver's dirty hands. They're made of plastic so having them re-wrapped might not be an option though I will ask about that this weekend.

As for the lighter plug, I didn't think of replacing it. I will try to clean it this weekend using "goo gone" and if it doesn't work, I will check out the ones from Blade.
    yes.... contamination.... from sweat, from dirt, from other elements.
    it can be re-wrapped..

6. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by 1D4LV View Post
    yes.... contamination.... from sweat, from dirt, from other elements.
    it can be re-wrapped..
    Roger that. Thanks man!

7. Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Give interior detailing a chance first before plunging at any uh.. more "intensive" fixes.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by jhnkvn View Post
    Give interior detailing a chance first before plunging at any uh.. more "intensive" fixes.
    Yes that's what I've been thinking of doing. I think I'll try goo gone as well first and a strong leather cleaner. If that doesn't work, then I might as well have it detailed and if that still doesn't fix it, then I'll have it redone.

9. Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Medyo mahirap habulin ang gray pag nagkaganyan compared to black... Anyway if there are stubborn stains like that ginagamitan ko muna yan ng MC All purpose cleaner then another coat of Pledge

1) Lagyan mo muna ng MC All purpose cleaner and let it stay there for 5 to 10 minutes bago mo punasan para matanggal ang stain... Repeat as necessary

2) Last coat yung Pledge as final touch same procedure din let it stay 5 to 10 minutes bago punasan.... Ang purpose lang ng Pledge here is to remove naman yung maiiwan na smell ng MC cleaner

10. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by jodski View Post
    Medyo mahirap habulin ang gray pag nagkaganyan compared to black... Anyway if there are stubborn stains like that ginagamitan ko muna yan ng MC All purpose cleaner then another coat of Pledge

1) Lagyan mo muna ng MC All purpose cleaner and let it stay there for 5 to 10 minutes bago mo punasan para matanggal ang stain... Repeat as necessary

2) Last coat yung Pledge as final touch same procedure din let it stay 5 to 10 minutes bago punasan.... Ang purpose lang ng Pledge here is to remove naman yung maiiwan na smell ng MC cleaner
    MC? Ok I'll look for that tonight when I go to True Value. Thanks for the tip!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast