New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    May 2011
    Hi Guys, just wanted to share the works that Chris did to my pickup. Just to clarify, I am not in anyway connected to Chris or his Business. I am just one of his happy and satisfied customers that wants to give an idea to some tsikoteers who will, in the future, wants to avail of his service.

Just my own opinion, the work, quality, craftsmanship and bang for the buck exceeded my expectations.

He quoted me 3,500.00 for my pickup (Foton Blizzard). It was supposed to be 3,000 only as they are on promo this month, but due to the requests that I made, I have to add an additional 500 pesos to cover the request.

To start, the material that he uses are the same as the ones being shown at other famous car seat cover makers (Don't want to drop the names as it might implies "flame-baiting").

They even have the same "German Leather" swatches (the ones that are bundled up for you to see the color and quality). These German Leather are the ones supposed to be 3,000. But I asked for a "mixed" material on my seat. I opted for a German Leather and Recaro fabric (same as the air-cooled basketball jersey), since it's more expensive, I have to add 500 to the original price. I also asked for a "side flap" to support the torso since the seat of the pickup was a bit "wide" for my size (I want that "racing seat" feel, a more snug-fit on the lower back if I may say) and an extra pillow foam to support the butt (though my pickup is just a month old, I can foresee that the "cheap" Chinese didn't put much attention on the materials used).

Here are some photos that I took before the they install the new seat cover:
    (Sorry I don't know how to put photos here)...

IMG_0120.JPG | Photoshop.com
    IMG_0121.JPG | Photoshop.com
    IMG_0122.JPG | Photoshop.com

As you can see, the original leather seat used a cheap material. Hot on the skin, stitches easily rips off, etc. As per Chris, this is what they call Korean Leather.

IMG_0124.JPG | Photoshop.com
    IMG_0125.JPG | Photoshop.com

This is the Center Console, it uses an off-color carpet like material. Doesn't go with the seat cover and door side panel... It has to be changed as well.

IMG_0123.JPG | Photoshop.com

Chris and his assistant working on my front seat.

According to Chris, to make the seat cover fit as if it's a Factory Install, he has to remove the front seat and railings to make enough room to pull/stretch.

That's all for now, will post the photos of the finish product once I have the time to take pictures...

Thanks...

2. Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Where the address of Chris?

3. Join Date
    May 2011
    Sorry for the late update Guys!

Here's the finish product of Chris J, installed already on my pickup:

4. Join Date
    May 2011

Materials used were German Leatherette and SPARCO fabric (Black aircool type).

Cost of everything (including the center console) is 3,500.00

His shop is located along Sumulong Highway, near the Caltex Gasoline station. (If from Marquinton, Mariquina) Just go straight going to Masinag, you'll see his small shop on the right side.

His numbers are:

5. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    maganda pagkakagawa... and bang for the buck nga.... salamat sa recommendation. lapit lang sa amin yang shop niya

6. Join Date
    May 2011
    Just to clear guys ha, I am not in any manner connected with the shop, I'm just one of those happy customers who wants to share a good deal.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    thanks sa info na ito. i'll visit that shop this weekend.
    maraming magaling na shops talaga sa marikina.
    dinadayo ko ang marikina para sa minor body repairs, audio at auto electrical upgrades.

8. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    * Fotonista

thanks for starting a separate thread.

I'm also a satisfied customer of Chris J. Good quality seats at reasonable price.

Visited him a few weeks back to repair leaking roof ( wet headliner ) pagumuulan. Now problem solved.

9. Join Date
    Jan 2010
    A few question good sirs: how long does it take to get the seat covers installed (from estimate to fabrication to installment), and does he have an online site where I can view more samples of his work? BTW, does he have a lot of customers/long waiting period or can he easily accommodate a new request?

TIA

10. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by digitalron View Post
    A few question good sirs: how long does it take to get the seat covers installed (from estimate to fabrication to installment), and does he have an online site where I can view more samples of his work? BTW, does he have a lot of customers/long waiting period or can he easily accommodate a new request?

TIA
    For my 3-rows seat cover, it took him 5 working days to finish (from taking of pattern up to installation).
    He does not have online site. I think there are three samples of his work here in tsikot. although Chris mentioned that he has new customers courtesy of posted pics here, not much sample pics has been added. lurkers i supposed.
    I guessed it is still within a week for a set to finish. Pwede mo siya text or call kung ganun pa rin waiting period.

HTH

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
Chris J Seat Cover