New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Saw this on facebook ad.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uW2JndLlrcs

Anyone tried this? does it work? or any similar product guys?

2. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    I used to have a similar unit back in the 90's. It didn't do squat! The cabin gets hot faster than the tiny little fan can move air.

Also, the solar panels doesn't work well if you have tinted windows.

It's a waste of money.

3. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Won't remove heat if placed in just one side of the window. Remember gas just like fluids move by displacement, won't move air if the car is sealed. My guess is even if air is displaced by opening the other window, it won't help much bec of that tiny fan. Best approach is to install a rain gutter and roll down windows just enough to pass air/natural aeration.

4. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by 12vdc View Post
    Won't remove heat if placed in just one side of the window. Remember gas just like fluids move by displacement, won't move air if the car is sealed. ...
    All cars have vents, typically located behind the rear bumper to equalize cabin air pressure with the outside. This is where the air will be coming from. But I know what you mean. That fan is just too weak to be of practical use for this application. You need to have a blower that can move air in the order of hundreds of CFMs to get any real effect.

5. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    That's called air drafter and usually it opens one way only during closing of door, and yes that tiny fan won't open that drafter. Still the rain visor is much better upgrade, just put a mosquito net and its insect proof [emoji16]

6. Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Auto engineers never came up with a solar powered fan to flush the hot air between the roof and headliner through the hollow A pillar/windshield frame and out to the trunk and out the vents

7. Join Date
    Sep 2012

8. Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Slightly cooler daw... 1 degree :-)

9. Join Date
    Dec 2014
    That's called air drafter and usually it opens one way only during closing of door, and yes that tiny fan won't open that drafter. Still the rain visor is much better upgrade, just put a mosquito net and its insect proof [emoji16]
    Sorry for my ignorant. Wala talaga ako alam sa sasakyan.

For what ba talaga yang rain visor? for rain or for heat removal? If I'm going to base it on the name itself, para namang wala naitutulong yan to protect the side window from the rain

My SA offered that to me as a freebie but I chose matting instead.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Sorry for my ignorant. Wala talaga ako alam sa sasakyan.

For what ba talaga yang rain visor? for rain or for heat removal? If I'm going to base it on the name itself, para namang wala naitutulong yan to protect the side window from the rain

My SA offered that to me as a freebie but I chose matting instead.

10. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Para hindi umaange sa loob ang ulan tuwing i roll down mo ang windows. Useful eto sakin during long drives at off aircon dahil ang next preferred gas station ko ay 30kms away pa at naka low fuel warning light na.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast