New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    By the way our unit is santa fe 2007 model vgt pa siya

2. Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Meron bang nakakaalam kung matino na repair shop ng turbo sa caloocan, di ko natandaan yung street kasi, pag nag commute kasi ko galing from north at ang

sakyan ko baliwag transit, dinadaanan ito pag lumiko sa balintawak para makapunta ng 5th ave yung bus makikita sa street na yun yung shop at puro turbo

ginagawa.

3. Join Date
    May 2014
    Tsk. Nakakatakot naman ang mga VGT. Hahaha. Mababa pa ang 160k para magkaganyan kung may proper maintenance naman palang ginagawa saka cooldown. Then, highway driven pa and a good quality oil.

Hmmm. Siguro sobrang tagal nang cool down na ginagawa kaya nagleak pa din ang turbo? May nabasa kasi ako na dapat mga 2mins lang yung cooldown.

"Once you turn off the engine in your car, the turbocharger will continue to spin for up to a minute or more and during this time oil is not being delivered to the turbochargers bearings, causing wear. To help prevent this from happening, we have been told in the past to let the engine idle for a few minutes prior to turning off the key. The good thing that happens during this time is in fact the turbo will slow down, but if allowed to idle for to long the temperature of the engine compartment, engine oil and the turbocharger will start to increase. Once you are safely in your parking spot, allow the car to idle for no more than 2 minutes. This time will be adequate for both the turbochargers speed to slow, and for the temperature not to increase in the engine compartment."

For full text:
    Turbocharger Maintenance 101

4. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    I turn off the engine once coolant temp hit 89-90'c. Normal driving temp(2-3k rpm) is around 91-95'c.. No waiting for me since I keep my rpm low few minutes before my destination. Thats the beauty of having a realtime obd2reader.

5. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    sa fronte banawe P46k ang vgt for sante fe 2007 model.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Usually naman kapag hindi worn out ang area ng bearings at walang tama pwede ma-overhaul. Meron nga kami na-overhaul na regular turbo alog na spool saka lakas na ng leak (oil leak to intercooler and air leak to oil drain line) overhauling kit lang ok na.

7. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by andrewnathaniel View Post
    Tsk. Nakakatakot naman ang mga VGT. Hahaha. Mababa pa ang 160k para magkaganyan kung may proper maintenance naman palang ginagawa saka cooldown. Then, highway driven pa and a good quality oil.

Hmmm. Siguro sobrang tagal nang cool down na ginagawa kaya nagleak pa din ang turbo? May nabasa kasi ako na dapat mga 2mins lang yung cooldown.

"Once you turn off the engine in your car, the turbocharger will continue to spin for up to a minute or more and during this time oil is not being delivered to the turbochargers bearings, causing wear. To help prevent this from happening, we have been told in the past to let the engine idle for a few minutes prior to turning off the key. The good thing that happens during this time is in fact the turbo will slow down, but if allowed to idle for to long the temperature of the engine compartment, engine oil and the turbocharger will start to increase. Once you are safely in your parking spot, allow the car to idle for no more than 2 minutes. This time will be adequate for both the turbochargers speed to slow, and for the temperature not to increase in the engine compartment."

For full text:
    Turbocharger Maintenance 101
    Thanks sa info, siguro talaga dapat nang magpalagay ng TURBO TIMER mas mura to kaysa sa bagong turbo

8. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by valskie01 View Post
    sa fronte banawe P46k ang vgt for sante fe 2007 model.
    Thanks for this info, mukang mas ok na brandnew kaysa rebuild, as I remember 35k ata ang turbo rebuild

9. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Will update you guys sana makatulong tong thread ko regarding our vgts, dalawa pala hyundai namin yung isa e-vgt (hyundai tucson) sarap at sulit kasi sa highway ang diesel

10. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Ito pala yung picture ng turbo leak, medyo di ko lang malapitan baka mapaso ako ng tambutco

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Variable Geometry Turbocharger Inquiries