New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    I have a gas 2008 Tucson. When it was about less than a year old it developed a rattling noise under the driver's seat. It sounded like a loose bolt rolling around with the motion of the car.

Every time I had the car in the casa for its PMS, I requested the mechanic to check it out. Unfortunately till now they can't figure out what is causing the noise. I was just wondering if any other Tucson owner has or is experiencing this issue. TIA.

2. Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Sir architect, since it was already inspected by your Service Advisor and that being said, we can't do much of a help to guess as this is the first time I heard about this, most of the complains in other thread that I have read were rattling/noise not under the seat or flooring side...most were loose liftgate lock connection, spare tire covers, spare tire itself and tools but if I may guess based only on what I read here...try to let them check/test drive and let them hear the noise, was thinking something is inside yoru exhaust? or maybe loose bolts under chassis, loose seat nuts, or something rolling on floor or maybe just something on your side-beverage holders???

Try to log-in too here as a member, baka may mas magandang mapulot ka dito sa existing threads..http://hyundaiautoclubph.proboards.c...i?board=tucson

Please try to join us on the 26th, meeting of various minds may resolved that, let's undress your tucson...BTW, we have same ride!!!

3. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    *cjb777,

Thanks for the quick reply. My driver has already checked the floor several times for loose items and didn't find anything. It does sound like a loose bolt. The noise comes directly from under the driver's seat and you can actually hear it roll from side to side. Though at times the item appears to be stuck in a place (and stops making the rattling noise) until a succeeding hard brake or pothole makes it come loose again.

At any rate since my driver is sewing a custom-made leatherette seat cover for the Tuc, he will probably be able to inspect the area under the seat again.

BTW I have registered at your forum. Thanks again.

PS So I guess you have a nice ride, too.

Tucson rattling