New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Was kinda hoping that their 'pang negosyo' edition would have the CRDI engine to be able to test the true strength of Hyundai's CRDI and eventually have more spare parts available when the time comes. I wonder what Hyundai's purpose is to use the 'old school' engine?

Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    And you probably won't die of noxious fumes coming through a rusting rear fender... (if you've got an old L300, you know what I'm talking about)
    Niky, this reminded me of a very bad experience with the L-300 service vehicle we had in Cebu. I rode from the city to Shangri-la Mactan (a good 1-hour at that time). I rode at the back. When we got to the driveway of the hotel, I threw up and nearly passed out due to the noxious fumes. Very embarrasing experience.

Ooops sorry for the off-topic.

2. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by radical
    I wonder what Hyundai's purpose is to use the 'old school' engine?

primarily, cost. also to prevent the pang negosyo variants, especially the people carrier, from cannibalizing the true blue starex sales.

imho, ok lang din kung old school diesel; maintenance costs should be real low -- perfect for business B)

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    The old school engine is cheap to manufacture and cheap to run. That is the engine fellow Tsikoteer Ungas chose when he acquired a Starex (pre-Millenium look).

The L300 is ok for goods, but for hauling people it falls flat on its [also flat] face compared to the Starex. The Starex makes a better schoolbus, airport transfer shuttle, commuter shuttle, ambulance, and other people-transport jobs.

The only other van that comes close to the Starex is the new Hi-Ace D4d pang-negosyo version (commercial unit). And that van is more expensive, has the still-trying-to-prove-itself D4d engine, and conventional tailagate (sorry, no ambulance doors).

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

4. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by OTEP View Post
    The old school engine is cheap to manufacture and cheap to run. That is the engine fellow Tsikoteer Ungas chose when he acquired a Starex (pre-Millenium look).

The L300 is ok for goods, but for hauling people it falls flat on its [also flat] face compared to the Starex. The Starex makes a better schoolbus, airport transfer shuttle, commuter shuttle, ambulance, and other people-transport jobs.

The only other van that comes close to the Starex is the new Hi-Ace D4d pang-negosyo version (commercial unit). And that van is more expensive, has the still-trying-to-prove-itself D4d engine, and conventional tailagate (sorry, no ambulance doors).
    Yup, old school is always the easiest to maintain, and the fuel consumption penalties versus the CRDi will probably even out when you consider maintenance costs and amortization.

"falls flat on its flat face"... Bwahaha!

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

5. Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Ok lang naman kung yung 2.6 Diesel ang ginamit nila dito dahil mahal din 2.5 ang CRDI variant.I think ang sinasabi nyong HSPU na Starex ay yung Porter(ala L300 FB nila sa Korea).Mukhang ang dinala dito ng HARI-Hyundai eh yung export version ng Starex(may H-1 badge kaya pang export nga at malaman mayroon nito sa Middle East)

6. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Check out the later pages of the Starex thread in the diesel forum: http://tsikot.yehey.com/forums/showt...=16045&page=23

hmm... kaka-excite din neto hehehe. I dread the times that I have to drive my business L300FB to carry off some merchandise. if with this one, parang ang sarap dalhin hehehe

but it's pricey pa din for 800k. hirap bawiin nyan. and of course, kung papa-driver pa, baka magasgasan yun puti paint. unlike the L300FB, kahit magasgas ok lang.

the cargo bin needs to be protected more. dapat hindi board ang ginamit nala. madali mapunit yan when loading objects with sharp edges.

pero ok yun sliding doors para sa hard to reach end ng cargo. sa L300FB, para ka nag-treadmill if you'll stay at the inner end when unloading some stuff.

ok kaya shocks system nito. I would assume mas insulated ito sa L300FB.
    Last edited by oldblue; October 24th, 2006 at 04:35 PM.

7. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    The Starex is a better ride if you are the ones doing your own rounds or if care about the well being of your employees. .
    yes sir. I do care about the well-being of my riding emps. pero may seats ba sya sa likod parang wala ata sa picture. sa L300FB kasi very punishing yung jeepney like seats sa likod

8. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    overpriced IMO....

Kasing presyo yata eto ng Isuzu na truck na nakita ko recently sa newspaper....

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by mikmik316 View Post
    overpriced IMO....

Kasing presyo yata eto ng Isuzu na truck na nakita ko recently sa newspaper....
    Have you tried transporting people in an Isuzu truck (panoramic)? I have and the results weren't pretty. And who the hell designed the rear glass of the Isuzu panoramic to not be aligned with the OEM back glass of the cab? Result, zero visibility when backing up. Wala naman sigurong added expense if they relocated the glass to a level the driver can actually see out of, diba?

The Isuzu wins in all-out payload but the Starex can hold its own in terms of safety, comfort, ergonomics, etc.

pero may seats ba sya sa likod parang wala ata sa picture
    There is a commuter version though I've yet to see the configuration. The gray market base model Starex H-1's had a similar configuration to the Starex jumbo but used simpler seats with no head restraints and no recline function much like the seats used in the Pregio Enterprise and RS series.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

10. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    does this one come with all-powered windows, steering, sidemirrors? and also power locks? parang gusto ko ibenta both my strada and L300FB for this one ah ...

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Starex "pang negosyo" edition