New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    So, spec for spec, lamang ang grey import. Pero mas mahal?

2. Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by ronw123w124 View Post
    Wala yatang manual na CVX. from what I know, lahat ng gray market units come only with automatic transmission.
    I see, 5-speed AT? I hate AT's,aside from sluggish, not maintenance-wise too. I have old mercedes with stick 4 speed on the tree, a '94 L200 w/ 5-speed stick for our family business, a work horse.

I read somewhere here that this can be ordered at pitstop,hancars, right?

3. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by b0y37 View Post
    So, spec for spec, lamang ang grey import. Pero mas mahal?
    I wouldn't say that the grays are more expensive, they offer better value for the money.

4. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by takernz32 View Post
    I see, 5-speed AT? I hate AT's,aside from sluggish, not maintenance-wise too. I have old mercedes with stick 4 speed on the tree, a '94 L200 w/ 5-speed stick for our family business, a work horse.

I read somewhere here that this can be ordered at pitstop,hancars, right?
    Sir, the A/T of the Grand Starex isn't sluggish. It shifts smoothly (at least when I was test driving one) and power delivery is smooth also. Every 40k kms naman ang change ng ATF eh. You'll be happy with the A/T of the GS.

5. Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Thanks *ronw123w124 for the list...I will check on them

6. Join Date
    Oct 2004
    for me sa gray market ako hands down. Aside from more features, hindi ka matatali sa ridiculous 5k or 3 months pms ng HARI. I guess its ok for those na talagang gamit na gamit ang rides nila. But for those like me na once or twice a week ko lang ginagamit hindi makatarungan. yung 5k mileage ko in a year na yun. sa HARI kasi you miss one pms lang you're dead. If i want to strictly follow mileage instead of their ridiculous 3 months, wala na warranty ko. Buti nalang i bought my grand starex sa gray market, but i also bought another hyundai vehicle sa HARI and ngayon nagsisisi nako. Learned it the hard way.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Starex: grey import or distributor?