New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Matagal na scenario na to. Distributor is selling well while grey imports also thrive in the market..

If i am to get a starex ano ano ba pros and cons from getting it from gray importers ? How about sa distributor dealers? What models do they respectively offer and what are the differences?

Sa service? Tanggapin ba ng HARI yung grey imports? O sa casa ng importer din lang tanggapin yun?

2. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Tatanggapin yan ng any HARI dealer... Magbabayad ka nman ... Ang wala mo lang yung mga warranty na bigay ng HARI... Ang HANCARS may ka tieup silang mga HYUNDAI dealers like ang HQA pwede ka pa service dun para sa PMS mo..

Ano ba ang kukunin mo, CRDi? GOLD?

Ako never bother checking the phdm starex.. features palang lamang na... Yung KDM Starex ko, galing hancars... Offered 5 years warranty and mas maganda pa dun, they never forced you to buy from them yung mga gamit mo sa pag PMS,...

Mas maganda siguro, you personally compare the features of PHDM and KDM.

Quote Originally Posted by wowiesy View Post
    Matagal na scenario na to. Distributor is selling well while grey imports also thrive in the market..

If i am to get a starex ano ano ba pros and cons from getting it from gray importers ? How about sa distributor dealers? What models do they respectively offer and what are the differences?

Sa service? Tanggapin ba ng HARI yung grey imports? O sa casa ng importer din lang tanggapin yun?

3. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Definitely gray imports, sa features pa lang lamang na lamang ka na. Wala rin naman yung pinagmamayabang ng HARI na 5 years warranty dahil ang sama din naman ng service sa majority ng dealers ng HARI saka matinding paiyakan din naman bago ka makapagclaim ng warranty. Our family currently has 3 Grand Starexes and all of them were bought from the gray market, so far wala naman kami naging sakit ng ulo, all of them are NOT Casa maintained, for minor stuff like change oil and tune up, mekaniko lang sa office namin ang gumagawa, I just buy the parts from Seiring or Fronte. Kung major repair na, we just bring it to our suking talyer in Banawe.

4. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    I'd do more research into all the features of each source and compare them side by side. Problem is, the people selling them don't really know 100% what they have in their units that the other doesn't.

We bought an HVX last year. Thought it was a good deal at the time but now I'm having doubts. The head unit and dedicated GPS for example, are of low quality, I would've done away with them and bought better units outside if that was an option. The paint on the HU buttons have already scratched off. The GPS is useless as it can't find a satellite 50% of the time. Having the 4th row seat is great as you can seat more but the legroom really suffers with it installed. I removed it after a week of use.

BTW if your headlights start fogging up with moisture, both gray market and HARI will try not to cover it under warranty and claim that it's "normal". Quite a bit of "kalampag" on the unit despite having only 15Tkms on it and driving at a hearse's pace on bad roads.

5. Join Date
    May 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by Wh1stl3r View Post
    I'd do more research into all the features of each source and compare them side by side. Problem is, the people selling them don't really know 100% what they have in their units that the other doesn't.

We bought an HVX last year. Thought it was a good deal at the time but now I'm having doubts. The head unit and dedicated GPS for example, are of low quality, I would've done away with them and bought better units outside if that was an option. The paint on the HU buttons have already scratched off. The GPS is useless as it can't find a satellite 50% of the time. Having the 4th row seat is great as you can seat more but the legroom really suffers with it installed. I removed it after a week of use.

BTW if your headlights start fogging up with moisture, both gray market and HARI will try not to cover it under warranty and claim that it's "normal". Quite a bit of "kalampag" on the unit despite having only 15Tkms on it and driving at a hearse's pace on bad roads.
    Same here. the Garmin GPS in inutile. Takes forever to establish signal and losses it at the slightest turn. Paint on the bumper also faded, as if stained by some sort of acid. Bought the unit from Hancars. Also very sluggish to drive. A/T transmission not responsive and has great difficulty climbing steep parking entrances.

6. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Yung amin wala namang issues like those mentioned pero we got ours without the gps, dvd and tv ekek..

7. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    How do i know which one is grey import casa and which one is distributor casa?

I found out that distributor casa ( or at least the one i went to ) only sells gl or gls daw. gold ( may gold na embem)... 3 setting rows ang nakita ko sa showroom and that would be their 10 seater model... May 12 seater din daw sila... So how does that compare to those sa grey import casas?

8. Join Date
    Jul 2011
    madali lang idistinguish kung alin ang Grey market sa HARI units. Ang model ng Grey market ay CVX and HVX. Then HVX ng Grey market lang ang two-tone or may cladding. Ang mga CVX units ay hindi two-tones unless you pay for additional amount para maging two-tone ung CVX mo. Regarding sa accessories, sobrang daming wala sa HARI units.

- GPS
    - 4-row seat configuration
    - wireless antenna
    - Side mirror signal repeater
    - retractable side mirror
    - body color side mirror
    - front grill
    - chrome head lights
    - factory installed back-up sensors and camera

Hope this helps.

9. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by lonjay4 View Post
    madali lang idistinguish kung alin ang Grey market sa HARI units. Ang model ng Grey market ay CVX and HVX. Then HVX ng Grey market lang ang two-tone or may cladding. Ang mga CVX units ay hindi two-tones unless you pay for additional amount para maging two-tone ung CVX mo. Regarding sa accessories, sobrang daming wala sa HARI units.

- GPS
    - 4-row seat configuration
    - wireless antenna
    - Side mirror signal repeater
    - retractable side mirror
    - body color side mirror
    - front grill
    - chrome head lights
    - factory installed back-up sensors and camera

Hope this helps.
    Hmmm sa hari casa tht sells the gold unit.. May napansin na ko na nakakabit na backup sensors although no visible backup camera....

Sa airport kasi as i arrived yesterday.. Snd since medyo na late ng konti yung sundo ko... Nagka chance ako to see a few starex units somehow up close ( dati di ko masyado pinapansin) i was trying to determine from outside pa lang without looking at the rear emblem kung hari unit or not...

May napansin ako na may side mirror signal repeater...

Hmmm along edsa which casa is hari and which isnt? May particular ba na non hari casa that's more popular above the others?

10. Join Date
    Jul 2011
    AFAIK, wala akong nakitang dealer ng grey market along EDSA. Try to go to HANCARS sa may scout santiago, sa may quezon city..

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Starex: grey import or distributor?