New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    planning to buy an A/T version 9 seater, any comment please, is it still a good buy?

masyado na mahaba yung starex thread, hirap nako magbasa i just want a simple comment especially from the owners. 400k below lang kasi budget.

thanks.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    I have a 98 automatic transmission natural aspirated diesel engine. It has only 49k kms on it color light brown very fresh with service records casa together with invoices. This unit is quite rare because it has twin electric sunroofs and abs brakes for safety with original cd player.

To answer your question, yes it's a good buy if the overall condtion is very good and well maintained. This is my second starex, my first one is a 97 jumbo reach more than 100kms and me and my family really enjoyed it because of the space and driving positionis the most car like compared to other vans int it's class an price range. Very reliable and cheap parts.

I could sell mine if anybody is interested at my price of 360k, otherwise will keep it for another 5 yrs. You can contact me at 0922-3042071 if you're interrested.

3. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by warrior View Post
    I have a 98 automatic transmission natural aspirated diesel engine. It has only 49k kms on it color light brown very fresh with service records casa together with invoices. This unit is quite rare because it has twin electric sunroofs and abs brakes for safety with original cd player.

To answer your question, yes it's a good buy if the overall condtion is very good and well maintained. This is my second starex, my first one is a 97 jumbo reach more than 100kms and me and my family really enjoyed it because of the space and driving positionis the most car like compared to other vans int it's class an price range. Very reliable and cheap parts.

I could sell mine if anybody is interested at my price of 360k, otherwise will keep it for another 5 yrs. You can contact me at 0922-3042071 if you're interrested.

sir sent you PM.

Sorry wasn't read your reply thoroughly. Diesel & Light brown pala yung starex.

can you post actual pics, exterio and interior?

or e-mail privately at mjsn1014*yahoo.com

thnaks

4. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    ok will do, but give me a few days my will get ny wifes digital camera pa

Quote Originally Posted by mikejohnny View Post
    sir sent you PM.

Sorry wasn't read your reply thoroughly. Diesel & Light brown pala yung starex.

can you post actual pics, exterio and interior?

or e-mail privately at mjsn1014*yahoo.com

thnaks

5. Join Date
    Aug 2007
    99 model Starex is still a good buy these days, still very cheap to maintain, just be sure that it's diesel with turbo intercooler at manual tranny para matipid sa fuel. Kasi hindi pa gaanong maganda ang automatic sa 99 models, sobra lakas sa fuel consumption. Yung wala namang turbo, mabagal tumakbo, at hirap sa paakyat ng bundok. Baka magsisi lang kayo pag walang turbo nakuha niyo. Yung manual na 99 model pataas mas ok po.

Starex 98-99 model