The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    *OTEP,

Thanks for the explanation..

2. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Another thing i notice is the bad smell or smoke that comes out of the muffler.. medyo masakit sa ilong pero hindi naman maitim, may ibig ba sabihin pag ganito ang exhaust?? or ganito lang ang diesel as compared to Gas????

Sorry for the many questions guys...

BR,
    epic

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Originally posted by epic
    ...Ungas, I checked the autolink.ph on starex van and most being sold are A/T, bakit kaya??

Yun base matting be you mentioned is the rubberize gray color thing under the floor mats??mukha nga very easy to clean, just use damp cloth to clean it..

i also notice na walang CRDi engine lahat ay TDic engine, kasi bago pa lang ito dito...
    Yup, that's it. Kahit na soda ang matapon madaling linisin. Not like carpets, kelangan detailing pa.

Kaya ko rin nga natanong to be sure, karamihan ng nakita ko dun sa site puro TDIC engines, walang CRDi on 2k2 models.

Originally posted by epic
    Another thing i notice is the bad smell or smoke that comes out of the muffler.. medyo masakit sa ilong pero hindi naman maitim, may ibig ba sabihin pag ganito ang exhaust??...
    Air/fuel mixture not right? Calibration ang katapat nyan. Yung NA engine ko ganyan din ang naging sakit dati. Di ko pinansin agad, next thing I know, hirap na umabot ng 100km/h ang top speed. Kahit na pigain ko pa yung makina.

Nozzle tips were still ok, but I had it replaced to be sure. Minsan barado lang yung strainers ng injection pump. Dalawa ang strainers nyan.

4. Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Originally posted by Ungas
    Nozzle tips were still ok, but I had it replaced to be sure. Minsan barado lang yung strainers ng injection pump. Dalawa ang strainers nyan.
    Ungas,
    May maliit na strainer sa inlet ng pump, saan po located yung second strainer.
    Thanks.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Yung isa nasa loob ng injection pump sabi ng mekaniko. Kelangan talagang baklasin para malinis. I didn't see it in actual, kinuha lang kasi dito yung pump, binalik ayos na.

6. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    you know what guys some seller want to make a fast buck out of innocent buyes...

I agreed with the seller concerning the price na, but i requested to have the van check first at wheels e. rodriguez to see if the engine is working fine meaning no blowby etc...

But the advisor there told me that there is no problem with engine as per their engine analyzer machine report which i payed, but the advisor told me that the oil pan has been opened already as seen from the sealant that was applied to the oil pan underneath the engine..

SO naturally i ask the owner first ( not telling him what i found out) if he has already done something to the engine, but he replied in the negative( he's lying point blank)...

to make the story short, i just junk his van as i might have problem with the engine sooner or later...

Thers a saying " CAVEAT EMPTOR" SO BE METICULUOS ALWAYS WHEN BUYING USED CARS..

BR,
    epic ;)

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Hmmm... what could have been done uner the oil pan? Baka nagleak yung seal? Which is common for Korean engines. Our NA engine had its share of oil leak at the balancer cover, hidden beside the injection pump.

8. Join Date
    Apr 2004
    bro if its ok with you pwede ba magets ung tel or cel no nung nagbebenta ng crdi?naghahanap kc friend ko ng starex 2nd hand crdi.thanks in advance!

9. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    0922-4194800

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Starex '02 CRDi A/T at 730K, ok na ba??