New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Hi,

I own a 2 weeks old Accent. I bought it for the convenience of not commuting since I travel a lot. I don't drive yet because I haven't had the chance to go to a driving school. I have my personal driver that drives me whenever I go. Now my cousin (almost like my brother) is learning how to drive with my driver. Unfortunately He thought he is good enough and can drive solo on short travel, he sneak the car in the evening. He got into an accident and slam the car to a post. Luckily he is safe.

The bumper, right Fender is broken. Including the plastic glass on the right headlight. Only fix is to replace it. So i thought of the insurance so I called my agent and explain everything to her. She mentions that the case will be hard to get approved and suggested an option. That is for me pretend that I was the one who crashed the car and asked for driver's license. Now I don't have one and running out option it will take a month for me to get one as I have to get student permit first.

The damage is big that I can pretty much guess it will cost a lot of money.

I was thinking of finding a talyer/car repair shop to lessen the cost.

Can anyone advise me on what possible action I can do.

Thanks in advance.

PS: currently at work so don't have photos.

2. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Since the damage is big, you better use your insurance.

Is it correct that your cousin who wrecked your car does not have a license?!?

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk

3. Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Thanks for the response.

He have one but only for motorcycle.

I'm really lost now since it's new.

If I can file my insurance claim after I got my driver's license that will be great but I'm not sure if it will get approve.

4. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Ideally denied claim yan since wala DL yung driver.

2nd if kukuha ka naman ng DL then file ng claim FRAUD naman yan since you will be altering the date of accident or if not and date will be as is denied again since makikita newly acquired license mo. Wala ka pa license sa date ng accident.

Makakalusot? Yes pero kunsensiya mo na yan.

Lesson learned yan bro.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Yes I understand that. To be honest my driver suggested to use his name as the one to crashed it.

Buy I'm not sure if the insurance company will need my own driver's license as the owner of the car.

So the only option is to shell out some money to fix it? Any idea how much will be the cost?

6. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by TendouRyuu View Post
    Yes I understand that. To be honest my driver suggested to use his name as the one to crashed it.

Buy I'm not sure if the insurance company will need my own driver's license as the owner of the car.

So the only option is to shell out some money to fix it? Any idea how much will be the cost?
    Yun naman pala eh. Then akuin na ni driver mo.

No they will not ask for your license, people can own a car and have it insured too kahit wala silang DL like in your case.

7. Join Date
    Aug 2016
    That's the plan but my agent keep insisting it will be denied since he have a Pro DL.

Thanks for the input cast_no_shadow it really helped.

I guess better try it and see what will happen.

8. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by TendouRyuu View Post
    That's the plan but my agent keep insisting it will be denied since he have a Pro DL.

Thanks for the input cast_no_shadow it really helped.

I guess better try it and see what will happen.
    Naka PRO DL ako and this year naka 2 claim na ako, on my 3rd next month.

Walang problem dyan, wag lang mahuli na fraudulent claim hehe

9. Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Do you talk to you agent? or just process the claim yourself?

Any pointers not sure how kasi kaya tinawagan ko ahente ko.

Thanks

10. Join Date
    Aug 2010
    No problem if Pro. License, pagawan nyo na po ng police report and wag nyo na pag kwento kwento ang ngyari kasi baka makarating pa sa insurance company.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Some question regarding part replacement cost and insurance