New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by red_one View Post
    Mas mura pa renewal ko for ASX 2.0. Paid P2600+. Net wt. 1350 kg. Gross wt. 2700 kg.

Sent from my D5833 using Tapatalk
    There's a lesson here somewhere...

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    oo nga. i find that, "funny".
    i would have charged according to weight, 'ala passenger car. after all, whether passenger car or utility vehicle, its heavier weight does translate roughly to road wear and tear. i would not have created a "utility vehicle" category at all, and just used the passenger car category.
    There's a lesson here somewhere that we can all use in our next vehicle purchase.

2. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    i would have charged according to weight, 'ala passenger car. after all, whether passenger car or utility vehicle, its heavier weight does translate roughly to road wear and tear. i would not have created a "utility vehicle" category at all, and just used the passenger car category.
    But insurance companies classify SUVs as commercial vehicles so premiums are higher. There's a disconnect somewhere

3. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnM View Post
    But insurance companies classify SUVs as commercial vehicles so premiums are higher. There's a disconnect somewhere
    i agree. and i suspect, there's a political reason behind this.

4. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by zoomzoom View Post
    There's a lesson here somewhere...

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

There's a lesson here somewhere that we can all use in our next vehicle purchase.
    errr...buy alto, celerio, getz, mirage, picanto, wigo..?

5. Join Date
    Apr 2011
    I would like to think the lower registration of UVs is a result of them having the capacity to haul more people per weight vs 5-seater cars. Hula ko lang. hehe.

6. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by airolynx View Post
    I would like to think the lower registration of UVs is a result of them having the capacity to haul more people per weight vs 5-seater cars. Hula ko lang. hehe.
    more weight in the same surface area. that, to me, equates to more wear and tear for the road. ..justifies for higher tax/reg. charges.
    but that's just me.
    Last edited by dr. d; March 17th, 2016 at 11:50 AM.

7. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    errr...buy alto, celerio, getz, mirage, picanto, wigo..?
    hehe.

Parang income tax return lang yan.

Minsan mas malaki pa ang binabayarang income tax ng pobreng empleyado kaysa sa bilyonaryong taipan.

Bakit? Kasi si billionaire taipan alam niya exploit yung loopholes sa batas without really breaking the law.

8. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    That's quite shocking. Are you sure a fully laden Elantra is that heavy? My '15 Nissan Sentra (Sylphy) 1.8V is just 1260kg (just checked the CR, shipping weight is just 630kg). Since AT tranny is heavy, I suppose the Manual is way lighter. This also a compact.

You should check your car's specs and dispute if ever. Sayang din pera if it's unnecessary.

9. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Dispute? With the LTO? Can't even dispute the sticker overcharge and undelivered plate numbers.

10. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Let me answer for you *Walter.

Yung sticker charge, they are constrained to charge that because it's in the law. They've already expressed intent that they want to charge lower kaso di pa na-amend yung law. I forget the details but that's basically it, a legal issue.

yung plates, alam naman na natin lahat COA disallowed the payment to the supplier. So siempre, kung ikaw supplier, ayaw mo rin siempre mg-deliver kung walang bayad.

You'd be surprised how easy it is to talk to these people (even the head). Just approach in a calm formal manner, madali sila kausap.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Shocked with LTO registration hyudai elantra