New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Hi all,

i just had my hyundai elantra registered for the first time since the 3 year inclusive LTO registration. now i am shocked that my lto registration amounted to P4,129.00

but out of the cars i have owned, civic, altis. i have never paid more than P3,000.00

sabi ng LTO kasi CAR MEDIUM and category. eh ang point ko eh 1.6 lang yan kalevel ng civic at corolla altis. bakit charge mo ako ng level ng accord at camry.

anong klaseng kabalastugan to?!?!?!?!?!?

2. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    As per some information shared here in Tsikot, the 10th gen Altis from 2011 onwards are already classified under medium. Check the Altis thread for more details.

I think most TOTL compact models are also classified as medium by LTO. Some of the newer compacts with 1.6L engines are also classified as medium. It has to do with the weight of the car. Older midsize cars (2002 and older) were only around 1300 kg which is about the same as newer compacts.
    Last edited by Egan101; March 16th, 2016 at 06:26 PM.

3. Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Gross vehicle weight ata ang basis for computation...

4. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Still a shock for most people who are used to the low LTO MVUC rates of compact cars. It pays to ask car dealers about such costs but we can admit we are not inquisitive about it as most cars nowadays are being offered free LTO registration for the 1st 3 years.

5. Join Date
    Feb 2010
    so lower segment cars pay same level as accord and camry and sonata cars na.

in effect tinaasan nila. kalokohan na to. eh di i would rather get a higher end car and pay the lto registration than get the low end car and still pay high end registration.

this is bs

6. Join Date
    Feb 2010
    eh parang no choice na lumalabas if they want to charge 1M for MVUC para sa kalesa they will just do it

7. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by htc8p View Post

in effect tinaasan nila. kalokohan na to. eh di i would rather get a higher end car and pay the lto registration than get the low end car and still pay high end registration.

this is bs
    That's the sad truth, bro. 10th gen Altis owners were shocked to find the same thing a few years ago. The Lancer EX 2.0L models (GLS, MX, GT, GT-A) are also classified as medium when it came out in 2008 as dealer flyers show its LTO registration as around 13k for 3 years but comes free when you purchase the car.

I think Honda was still able to market its Civic FD and FB 1.8L models as light 4-door, except the 2.0L models.

It is true that compact cars have grown heavier. The subcompacts have now taken the place of cars which are around 1000kg to 1100kg in weight. My Fiesta is listed as 1100kg. Our old City 2009 was listed around the same weight also. Their LTO MVUC is the same as older compacts.

8. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by htc8p View Post

this is bs
    But a "high-end" midsize sedan costs almost twice as much as a "low-end" compact. If the several hundred thousand pesos between the two cars doesn't matter to you, I don't see why you're so caught up with the few thousand for LTO.

Sent from my SM-N910C using Tapatalk

9. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    With the current crop of compacts, I think only the Mazda 3 is still considered small.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by jut703 View Post
    But a "high-end" midsize sedan costs almost twice as much as a "low-end" compact. If the several hundred thousand pesos between the two cars doesn't matter to you, I don't see why you're so caught up with the few thousand for LTO.

+1000. nanghihimutok sa 1 tawsan pero sa price difference ng elantra at accord ok lang? does not compute e.

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast
Shocked with LTO registration hyudai elantra