New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2007
    ot: sis lady baka sumingit nanaman dito sa BINI ROCHAhehehehe

2. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    My Matrix CRDi 2005 model whom I have named as Evita (after the Matrix's real name, La Vita) will always be dear to me as she removed all of the negative connotations that I have with diesels and with Korean cars. She is more frugal than my sister's Altis 1.6l (then) and Vios 1.3l (now) and has more pulling power than some 2.0+l four bangers. Her interior dimension rivals that of our Crosswind while being just a little bit longer than the Getz which got me into trouble with my girlfriend.

It took us almost two and a half hours from Makati to Commonwealth due to heavy rain and traffic last year when I fetched my girlfriend up. Upon arriving at Royal Place, we decided to have a couple of drinks in Moose Grill just to relax a bit (we live in one of the nearby subdivisions anyway so driving won't be an issue). I dunno what got into me but I wanted to stretch out a bit after drinking to which she agreed. We removed the headrests and folded the front seats and laid down. I admired the interior space of my Evita, of how comfortable it is to lie down inside as if on a sofa, of how deceptively spacious she is as the aircon fills her up nicely. The next time I knew, I was admiring my girlfriend, of how her curves fill her clothes up nicely, of how I wanted to explore her "interior space" badly.

So we proceeded to have *** inside my Evita. Apparently, the Matrix, tall for its size, and with the absence of stabilizer bars, make up for quite a body roll. As we humped ourselves harder to climax, Evita bumped to the poorly parked car onto her left causing it to alarm. We panicked and I was forced to pull out and prematurely squirt. The security guards (or if there was even one awake at that time) could come at any moment so I jockeyed up to driving postion. But as my girlfriend rolled over to the right seat she hit the gear forward causing Evita to violently halt. Crap, now I was really nervous and struggling to start her up again. I hit the wiper lever, hazard button and cd deck before finally reaching for the lights. Finally, we headed home which was only 1.5-2km away from Royal Place.

As we parked inside, we breathed a sigh of relief and maybe Evita as well as I heard her VGT spin down. I could only do a facepalm to reassure myself of what we have gotten ourselves into, only to realize that my hand was full of cum and now my face and eyes have been rubbed with it. And as I closed Evita's hatch to get the things we bought, I realized that she stank of "clorox" inside. Oh well, at least we got to have a hot shower together before going to bed.

Despite this I can't help but let out a chuckle whenever I remember this event especially when driving her. My girlfriend would usually slap me playfully as she knows what I'm thinking of. Evita now has 70+k km with her at almost 4 years old but I do not have any plans of retiring her.

3. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Now that is an adventure!!!! Hahahahahaha!

4. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Also concerning the newer Sonatas (mainly the 2009's).......

Horsepower is up to 249 versus the previous 235. You'd think more hp would make the Sonata quicker. But, Hyundai seemed to have messed with the gearing of the transmission as well. As a result, the older Sonatas with 235hp are actually quicker than the 2009's with 249hp.

Another thing Hyundai may have done is put speed governors on the 2009 Sonatas after that one Sonata driver was caught by police cameras (at Phoenix AZ) doing 147mph back in 2006.

5. Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Jun aka Pekto View Post
    Also concerning the newer Sonatas (mainly the 2009's).......

Horsepower is up to 249 versus the previous 235. You'd think more hp would make the Sonata quicker. But, Hyundai seemed to have messed with the gearing of the transmission as well. As a result, the older Sonatas with 235hp are actually quicker than the 2009's with 249hp.

Another thing Hyundai may have done is put speed governors on the 2009 Sonatas after that one Sonata driver was caught by police cameras (at Phoenix AZ) doing 147mph back in 2006.
    Thanks, Jun! Nice feedback. 147 mph, that's 235 kph! Not bad at all. Will keep my fingers crossed that they haven't installed a speed governor in the local ones. With just a little tweaking, it could be the ultimate sleeper!

6. Join Date
    May 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by aga_cruz View Post
    ot: sis lady baka sumingit nanaman dito sa BINI ROCHAhehehehe
    Nyahahaha Kung sumingit man sya ulit nasasa-kanya na yun! Kaya nga ang title nito eh Hyundai Car Adventures AND MISADVENTURES.

Hindi ito biased! We are just talking about our experiences with our Hyundais may it be a good or a bad one diba? (hehehehe)

7. Join Date
    May 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Revenant View Post
    My Matrix CRDi 2005 model whom I have named as Evita (after the Matrix's real name, La Vita) will always be dear to me as she removed all of the negative connotations that I have with diesels and with Korean cars. She is more frugal than my sister's Altis 1.6l (then) and Vios 1.3l (now) and has more pulling power than some 2.0+l four bangers. Her interior dimension rivals that of our Crosswind while being just a little bit longer than the Getz which got me into trouble with my girlfriend.

It took us almost two and a half hours from Makati to Commonwealth due to heavy rain and traffic last year when I fetched my girlfriend up. Upon arriving at Royal Place, we decided to have a couple of drinks in Moose Grill just to relax a bit (we live in one of the nearby subdivisions anyway so driving won't be an issue). I dunno what got into me but I wanted to stretch out a bit after drinking to which she agreed. We removed the headrests and folded the front seats and laid down. I admired the interior space of my Evita, of how comfortable it is to lie down inside as if on a sofa, of how deceptively spacious she is as the aircon fills her up nicely. The next time I knew, I was admiring my girlfriend, of how her curves fill her clothes up nicely, of how I wanted to explore her "interior space" badly.

So we proceeded to have *** inside my Evita. Apparently, the Matrix, tall for its size, and with the absence of stabilizer bars, make up for quite a body roll. As we humped ourselves harder to climax, Evita bumped to the poorly parked car onto her left causing it to alarm. We panicked and I was forced to pull out and prematurely squirt. The security guards (or if there was even one awake at that time) could come at any moment so I jockeyed up to driving postion. But as my girlfriend rolled over to the right seat she hit the gear forward causing Evita to violently halt. Crap, now I was really nervous and struggling to start her up again. I hit the wiper lever, hazard button and cd deck before finally reaching for the lights. Finally, we headed home which was only 1.5-2km away from Royal Place.

As we parked inside, we breathed a sigh of relief and maybe Evita as well as I heard her VGT spin down. I could only do a facepalm to reassure myself of what we have gotten ourselves into, only to realize that my hand was full of cum and now my face and eyes have been rubbed with it. And as I closed Evita's hatch to get the things we bought, I realized that she stank of "clorox" inside. Oh well, at least we got to have a hot shower together before going to bed.

Despite this I can't help but let out a chuckle whenever I remember this event especially when driving her. My girlfriend would usually slap me playfully as she knows what I'm thinking of. Evita now has 70+k km with her at almost 4 years old but I do not have any plans of retiring her.
    Now that's was a very kinky experience! (hehehehe) Rated R na ito! (hehehehe)

8. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by FWC View Post
    Thanks, Jun! Nice feedback. 147 mph, that's 235 kph! Not bad at all. Will keep my fingers crossed that they haven't installed a speed governor in the local ones. With just a little tweaking, it could be the ultimate sleeper!
    Sleepers tend to have very quick acceleration as well. The Sonata's 6.6 sec 0-60mph isn't that quick. Those times are considered to be at the low end of what's considered quick. It's still fun enough, though.

Also, I took the Sonata cross-country from endless desert highways to winding mountain roads to snow-covered country roads. The Sonata drove great and very comfortable. It's a shame people think of it as nothing more than a rental car. Oh well. I'm not one to care for reputation.

My 06 Sonata V6 cost me no more than a 4-banger enonobox. 3.5 years ownership and no problems thus far. Its so-so looks mean I'm not obsessive about its appearance. I kind of think of it as the AK-47 of cars. Nothing fancy, I abuse it, I leave it unwashed, damn kid already dented the door on her side. And yet, the car simply works. A car magazine once said the 06 Sonata is an "honest" car. I can't agree more.No pretensions.

9. Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Jun aka Pekto View Post
    Sleepers tend to have very quick acceleration as well. The Sonata's 6.6 sec 0-60mph isn't that quick. Those times are considered to be at the low end of what's considered quick. It's still fun enough, though...
    Well, with 3.3 liters of displacement, you have a very strong base to work on. Just the right IHE set up and maybe a chip, and voila!!!

10. Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Mine is a 94 Elantra and I have quite a number of adventures & misadventures with it. I have driven it twice to Bukidnon (from Cagayan de oro) to visit relatives and considering some terrible stretches of roads at that time, I must say that the car fared well.

Then one time I brought it to Butuan (this is so far my longest travel) with my girlfriend to attend a friend's wedding. On our way home, that was night time already, the car died and just refused to start back. I was beginning to tremble with fear as it was dark and I had no idea about the place. Then I saw a group of five guys approaching us, laughing at each other. I said to myself, "This is it. We're deadmeat. If they'll rob us, we'll just give whatever they ask. But please don't hurt or rape my girl." We we're silently praying as they walked past us. And what a sigh of relief!! I thought they were bad guys.

So now, back to the car. How can I get it to start? I was becoming half-panicky because my gf was to fly to Manila that following morning, first flight! I should have heeded my mom's advice prior to the trip not to take the car but just take the bus instead . But hey, waddaya know, just 15 steps from where we were was a vulcanizing shop. Talk about miracles . A mechanic was around and when I approached him, he was the first to say, "Car won't start, eh?" He already knew about it coz he could hear the tick-tick sound each time I turned the ignition. He said that it must be the battery and upon testing, my battery's really dead. Good thing they have a battery charger that's usually handy for truck drivers & motorists plying the route. So then, we waited for a good 30 minutes for the fast charge.

The car started normally once they installed back the battery and I was so so thankful to those who helped us. I was more than willing to pay extra. They were heaven-sent.

So on with the journey. No aircon, no radio, no high beams. We reached CDO and even took my gf to the airport early the following morning. The car had a fatal problem but He guided us to break down at the very spot that had the ability to fix it (although temporarily). Had it happened anywhere in the dark eerie stretches of road with no people or houses around -and I tell you there were many "ghost towns" along the way - I simply could not imagine what would become of us that night.

Later that week, I bought a new battery and it was diagnosed that my alternator is not charging enough. They replaced the stator, diode and carbon brush. Alternator is good up to now.

That was really a marvelous and miraculous experience. Me and my gf knew that God did not ignore us that very night.

Below is the car

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Our Hyundai Car Adventures/Misadventures