New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by CVT View Post

My neighbor owns an i10 AT (panghatid ng bata sa eskwela). And, he was telling me that he is getting only 7-8Km/L city driving....
    That's pretty bad. But we aren't looking at the whole picture. Is that 7-8 km/L due to bumper to bumper traffic and roads full of speed bumps?

2. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by ghosthunter View Post
    That's pretty bad. But we aren't looking at the whole picture. Is that 7-8 km/L due to bumper to bumper traffic and roads full of speed bumps?
    and also the distance travelled. short trip travel will give you bad fuel economy.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    The A/T variant is quite slow when climbing up hills and such from a standstill. Still, the speed is decent enough for city driving for folks who aren't in a hurry.

But I'd go for the one with a bigger engine & M/T.

bigbigcar.com Review: 2009 Honda Jazz

4. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    We've tested the i10 1.1 AT. Fuel economy was similar to the 1.5 MT Honda Jazz and Toyota Vios... best of 10 km/l in the city, and just 14.7 km/l in mixed highway-city driving. I've gotten 16 km/l in the Focus TDCi and can get 12-14 km/l on most 1.5-1.6 liter cars on the same route.

http://www.bigbigcar.com/ReviewArticle.aspx?id=38

The reason for this is:

1. Obviously, it's an automatic. Automatic transmissions sap a lot of power and efficiency from smaller engines.

2. It has very short gears. Incredibly short. And just four of them. While most cars will be doing 100 km/h at between 2000-3000 rpm, the i10 does it at over 3000.

-

If you're looking at an i10 for fuel efficiency, buy the manual. Response from manual owners shows that the manual i10 can achieve 15 km/l in city driving... a fair bit better than what we got on our test. Highway economy will never be spectacular, given the short gears, but that's not really what the i10 is meant for, anyway.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

5. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Wala palang 5th gear ang i10

6. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by renzo_d10 View Post
    Wala palang 5th gear ang i10
    5-speed M/T
    4-speed A/T

7. Join Date
    Oct 2008
    wow.. parang dati puro matataas na FC nababasa ko sa i10 pero ngayon parang puro negative na nababasa ko dito at malala pa dun is 7kms/l!? my oh my
    if its very thirsty like that edi sana vios na lang, mas malaki pa

8. Join Date
    May 2009
    i had my 1.1 i10 a/t last thursday. when te fuel bulb lit up i tried to load it up 400 pesos of unleaded gas ng shell in alabang. i was able to go from alabang to calamba = 27 km, then from my house in calamba to my work in los banos back and forth for two days . before, if i use my sentra supersaloon a/t i would have spent mga 600 so i have saved 200 pesos hehehe. i tried compute all the fuel that i spent and the km in my odometer it turned out to be around 12-13km/liter. tataas pa ba to? my odo meter indicates that im just a little above 500km.

pero one thing na notice ko yung makina nya when i drove in in an upward hill or if nagaarangkada ako parang hirap sya di tulad ng sentra ko na malakas humatak. kaya minsan mas gusto ko idrive and sentra ko sa slex

9. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx View Post
    i had my 1.1 i10 a/t last thursday. when te fuel bulb lit up i tried to load it up 400 pesos of unleaded gas ng shell in alabang. i was able to go from alabang to calamba = 27 km, then from my house in calamba to my work in los banos back and forth for two days . before, if i use my sentra supersaloon a/t i would have spent mga 600 so i have saved 200 pesos hehehe. i tried compute all the fuel that i spent and the km in my odometer it turned out to be around 12-13km/liter. tataas pa ba to? my odo meter indicates that im just a little above 500km.
    12-13 km/l on the highway? That's on the low side. Over time, your FE may improve as the break-in period progresses. But usually the improvement isn't much; maybe +0.5 to 1 km/l on average.

pero one thing na notice ko yung makina nya when i drove in in an upward hill or if nagaarangkada ako parang hirap sya di tulad ng sentra ko na malakas humatak. kaya minsan mas gusto ko idrive and sentra ko sa slex
    1.1L SOHC vs 1.6L DOHC... no brainer. :D

10. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by oj88 View Post
    12-13 km/l on the highway? That's on the low side. Over time, your FE may improve as the break-in period progresses. But usually the improvement isn't much; maybe +0.5 to 1 km/l on average.
    Depends on the time of day.

The road widening project has reached Calamba. During rush hour, it's just as bad as the Sucat to Bicutan northbound stretch, already. And Los Banos - Calamba is often also congested.

Di na probinsya ang Laguna... Metro Laguna na...

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
i10 A/T - 1.1 or 1.2 liter?