New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Same thing happens with my Frontier before during long trips... the darn thing ices up if i left the thermostat on full so i have to lower the thermostat or i turn off the compressor for a few minutes.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    unfortunately in the starex aircon system the termostat controls only the vents that opens the heater system which just warms the cold air coming out of the cold evaprator..
    Ganun po talaga sa mga sasakyan na may cabin heaters. It eliminates redundancy of having another separate thermostat. Warming the cold air is quite an effective and simple method. Ganyan din sa Pajero ko dati and sa Volvo.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

3. Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Tama po c doc Otep nagyeyelo nga yun, ung evaporator coil lalo na pag-matulin ang takbo kc High RPM, naranasan ko din po yun humina ung hangin kc nka number 1 lang ako nun hindi kya tunawin agad nung hangin ung lamig sa evaporator coil kya sya nagyeyelo at the same time pag nka-off ung Fan ng aircon sa likod mas mabilis sya lalo magyelo. at that time nung naranasan ko sa star tollway (Batangas) kmi around 120-140km/h at close to 3000rpm ang takbo ko nun nagyelo sya yun pla nka-off nga ung fan ko sa likod haha! resulta freez ung evaporator off ko lang ung compressor ayun oks na.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Dun sa mga makalumang aircon may magtatalsikan pang tubig galing dun sa a/c vent.

5. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    May heater po ba lahat ng Starex? sa SF kasi meron, so baka pwede mo lagay sa full HOT naman hehehe.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Yep, a cabin heater is standard on the Starex.

7. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    OT: Bakit mo nga pala binenta pajero mo sir Otep?

8. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    one thing i'd like to ask pala me, naka experience po ba na parang if you constantly turn the thermostat knob to warm then to cold me ntatanggal na contact somewhere kaya if you turn the knob to warm it will not work and it will stay cold kc nga parang me natatanggal na contact or something this happens kc dun sa starex millenium ng bayaw ko, he had to go to a car aircon shop to have the thermostat hooked on again.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    OT: Hanap sana ko ng matic/diesel na sasakyan. Yung pang daily drive type. And I don't get to drive much since sinusundo ako sa bahay ng service.

10. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    The best thing to do with the starex is to find a qualified aircon technician and have the thermostat changed into an ordinary termostat. We don't need the heater anyway. With this I believe starexes will save fuel coz the ordinary thermostat shuts off the compressor when it reaches a certain temperature. Reducing the load of the engine once in a while means saving fuel. I should have done this before when i had the same experience. Hesitant nga lang kasi ako ipagawa. I could observe that with my 2k edition when I switch to number 1 setting the compressor shuts off for 5 to 10 seconds. I had the aux fan rewired so I would know that the compressor shuts off from time to time. I hope this will give some starex owners an idea whether its bad or good. isn't it a good idea?
    Last edited by ambekam; April 28th, 2007 at 06:59 PM. Reason: additional

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
hyundai starex