New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by aloy View Post
    5 years warranty ng Hyundai. yung conditions of driving sa atin is considered "severe usage", A - repeated short distance driving, B - extensive idle kaya sa manual "except Europe every 5,000 km or 6 months" ang oil change. kaya ako, at least 6 months ang oil change, sayang kasi yung warranty. so far wala pa akong problema sa warranty claims. after warranty kahit mileage na yung change oil.

pag severe ka then follow severe schedule

pag normal ka, follow normal schedule

don't generalize hindi lahat ng driving conditions sa pilipinas ay severe

2. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by pobre24 View Post
    This is so unfortunate. I just wonder though what their warranty polIicy is. So far, the same dealer has been allowing me to replace parts under warranty even after the 3yr period (Bought Sept 2013). Last was around March 2017 wherein they replaced the fuel line and other related parts worth 30k+. Note that I didn't request it to be covered by the warranty since I already know its passed the warranty period. I religiously followed their PMS schedule though. I'm afraid to ask and they might realize that I shouldn't be covered anymore. hehe
    Which branch is this? When you say religiously.. you mean you follow their every 3 months PMS rule?

3. Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by Vodka View Post
    pag severe ka then follow severe schedule

pag normal ka, follow normal schedule

don't generalize hindi lahat ng driving conditions sa pilipinas ay severe
    sorry sa amin kasi lagi kaming traffic saka short distances eh, sa inyo?

4. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by pobre24 View Post
    ...... Last was around March 2017 wherein they replaced the fuel line and other related parts worth 30k+. Note that I didn't request it to be covered by the warranty since I already know its passed the warranty period. I religiously followed their PMS schedule though. I'm afraid to ask and they might realize that I shouldn't be covered anymore. hehe
    Um, no not really.

Your car may have been included in the so called "silent" recalls, that every now and then are sent by the parent Hyundai manufacturer in Korea, to its international dealers.

If a part is for recall, usually replacement (upgraded) parts are already in stock at the dealer. When a vehicle comes in, all the service advisor has to do is check its body number and cross reference it to the recall list that they have.

If your car is there, the dealer will either replace the part (without you knowing). Or if it requires a couple of days, the dealer will ask you to leave the car because they will replace a damaged part (kuno) for free. Its up to the SA if they will explain the recall or not to the customer.

Now, you will think you pulled a fast one from the dealer?

Think again ...

5. Join Date
    Sep 2014
    thermostat housing di pa nila maibigay under warranty. ang dali dali lang magpalit nyan, i replaced mine with my bare hands sa Ford Explorer ko.

oh well, that's why Hyundai is on the dumps. i was one of the firsts who took a risk getting a Hyundai in 2006. napakagalang at napakabait pa nila noon. as the years passed i witnessed how they become too proud or too arrogant. I was denied 2 times under warranty from one dealer only to be accepted by another dealer.

seriously, I think there is somethinv wrong with the way car dealers progress, parang backwards eh.

yan thermostat housing masisira lang yan sa severe use, eh 5000km lang natakbo ng car mo, practically brand new pa yan. Manloloko na yan hyundai, bookmark this thread and avoid Hyundai na. i feel you bro, I also have a Santa Fe.

6. Join Date
    Sep 2014
    btw, please argue that the parts are warrantied to last 5 years. if they deny warranty kasi hindi na-servican periodically, then the parts are as fragile or as weak as the next PMS. that suggests na sirain ang parts nila coz kailangan i-checkup every 3 months. if this is the case, then hyundai cars are not durable. Parts are suppose to last 5 years on manufacturing/ factory defects. that is the true essence of parts warranty.

alam ko madami SA dito, wag na gagaguhin mga customer nyo

7. Join Date
    Feb 2014
    tangina nyo mga casa. when the electric cars arrive. tapos na racket nyo

sealed gearbox. maintenance free electric motor

8. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by minicarph View Post
    btw, please argue that the parts are warrantied to last 5 years. if they deny warranty kasi hindi na-servican periodically, then the parts are as fragile or as weak as the next PMS. that suggests na sirain ang parts nila coz kailangan i-checkup every 3 months. if this is the case, then hyundai cars are not durable. Parts are suppose to last 5 years on manufacturing/ factory defects. that is the true essence of parts warranty.

alam ko madami SA dito, wag na gagaguhin mga customer nyo
    Thank you. I will definitely mention this and cause an uproar that can be heard by all customers presents if I get denied the second time.

I submitted a letter to the managers of Hyundai Pasong Tamo branch earlier, and I am hopeful it will be approved this time.

9. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by minicarph View Post
    thermostat housing di pa nila maibigay under warranty. ang dali dali lang magpalit nyan, i replaced mine with my bare hands sa Ford Explorer ko.

oh well, that's why Hyundai is on the dumps. i was one of the firsts who took a risk getting a Hyundai in 2006. napakagalang at napakabait pa nila noon. as the years passed i witnessed how they become too proud or too arrogant. I was denied 2 times under warranty from one dealer only to be accepted by another dealer.

seriously, I think there is somethinv wrong with the way car dealers progress, parang backwards eh.

yan thermostat housing masisira lang yan sa severe use, eh 5000km lang natakbo ng car mo, practically brand new pa yan. Manloloko na yan hyundai, bookmark this thread and avoid Hyundai na. i feel you bro, I also have a Santa Fe.
    I didn't know it was easy, but is it really that expensive? The housing costs more than the thermostat itself?

Thermostat housing - 25,000php
    Thermostat - 1,400+php

10. Join Date
    Sep 2014
    call seiring or fronte to check the price of the parts. sa pagkaalam ko thermostat is averaging 500 to 800 lang sa Banawe for Hyundais. yan P1400 pang Fords na yan. i dont know about your thermostat housing though, kasi 2013 model sayo sakin 2007. pero that's too much. if it's made of hard plastic or metal, mas mura siguro hard plastic but the metal one mas mahal ng konti. pero no way 25k yan unless there are also replacing the coolant sensor?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast