New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Hello Guys,

Just wanted to seek help on this issue i have with my Santa Fe.

Last Saturday my car overheated but i was able to reach home. Upon checking what was causing it, it seems that the hose connecting to the radiator was almost melting and doing a weird sound.

Fast forward I drove the car to Hyundai Pasong Tamo early in the morning. To have it's 5000km interval PMS (25,000) also to have the overheat problem rectified.

They recommended that the thermostat and hose needs to be replaced. Later on they recommended that th e radiator should be overhauled with a 5000 price. Ok i agreed to everything. After 5 days now they are saying that the thermostat housing needs to be replaced as well as it is leaking?! Costs 25,000 and di daw mawarranty because once a year lang ako nag pa PMS? Is this seriously a valid reason? I am so mad. I am still hitting the 5000 kilometer requirement!

Please advice what i can do to claim this on warranty!

2. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    ^

Hyundai or HARI for that matter requires all Hyundai owners to adhere to its Golden Service Rule.

5000 KM "OR" 3 months

WHICHEVER (take note) comes first.

A cock load of bull di ba?

3. Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Lahat ng casa pinagnindigan yung "WHICHEVER IS FIRST" collatilla nila

4. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyferion View Post
    Hello Guys,

Just wanted to seek help on this issue i have with my Santa Fe.

Last Saturday my car overheated but i was able to reach home. Upon checking what was causing it, it seems that the hose connecting to the radiator was almost melting and doing a weird sound.

Fast forward I drove the car to Hyundai Pasong Tamo early in the morning. To have it's 5000km interval PMS (25,000) also to have the overheat problem rectified.

They recommended that the thermostat and hose needs to be replaced. Later on they recommended that th e radiator should be overhauled with a 5000 price. Ok i agreed to everything. After 5 days now they are saying that the thermostat housing needs to be replaced as well as it is leaking?! Costs 25,000 and di daw mawarranty because once a year lang ako nag pa PMS? Is this seriously a valid reason? I am so mad. I am still hitting the 5000 kilometer requirement!

Please advice what i can do to claim this on warranty!
    report/complain here..

Contact Us

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tsikot Forums mobile app

5. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    ... and this is why no one wants to buy a Hyundai anymore ...

6. Join Date
    Feb 2011
    This is so unfortunate. I just wonder though what their warranty polIicy is. So far, the same dealer has been allowing me to replace parts under warranty even after the 3yr period (Bought Sept 2013). Last was around March 2017 wherein they replaced the fuel line and other related parts worth 30k+. Note that I didn't request it to be covered by the warranty since I already know its passed the warranty period. I religiously followed their PMS schedule though. I'm afraid to ask and they might realize that I shouldn't be covered anymore. hehe

7. Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Sagasaan mo yung nagsasabe sayo na dahil oncr a year ka lang nagpapa PMS

Sent from my SM-J730G using Tapatalk

8. Join Date
    Feb 2014

that's from a Hyundai manual. pag normal 15,000 km

pag middle east, 10,000 km

BOTH cases every 12 months

so screw you HARI i'm not buying any of your cars tangina yan 5000km/3mo interval na yan. tapos kunwari 5 year warranty. so you keep doing the PMS 4x a year

9. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by pobre24 View Post
    This is so unfortunate. I just wonder though what their warranty polIicy is. So far, the same dealer has been allowing me to replace parts under warranty even after the 3yr period (Bought Sept 2013).

Maybe Hyundai extended their warranty to 5 years ... or was it Kia? ...

10. Join Date
    Apr 2010
    5 years warranty ng Hyundai. yung conditions of driving sa atin is considered "severe usage", A - repeated short distance driving, B - extensive idle kaya sa manual "except Europe every 5,000 km or 6 months" ang oil change. kaya ako, at least 6 months ang oil change, sayang kasi yung warranty. so far wala pa akong problema sa warranty claims. after warranty kahit mileage na yung change oil.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast