New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by renzo_d10 View Post
    Hmmm. Niky, hindi kaya maging unstable yung kotse sa highway dahil sa gaan niya?

Meron kasi claims na sa Vios, tinatangay na yung kotse ng hangin whenever something big passes by your side at high speed. Like buses, etcetera.

Sa expressway, ha.
    It is the same when I was driving a 1992 Sentra (B13) on the expressway. The car would be "pushed" and "pulled" by the wake of big trucks and buses on the expressway. Drivers in smaller cars would experience this effect more probably because of soft suspension and the relatively tall sides (in ratio to the car's width).

But I don't think it is anything to be concerned much about given the speed limit we have on the expressways. So unless the truck/bus would be traveling in massive excess of 180kph, a small car wouldn't be flung off the road by a passing truck's wake.

2. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    With cars that light, part of it will be down to side profile. And the side profile for the Eon is tall. It'll probably be just as bad as the Alto, which can get knocked a foot off course by heavy crosswinds at high speeds. But at 80-100 km/h, it's not a big deal... especially since trucks and buses nowadays rarely go over 100 km/h due to the 80 km/h speed limit.

Quote Originally Posted by weisshorn View Post
    Solution siguro eh sa tabing kanan lane na lang mag drive.
    Everyone who isn't overtakng should drive on the right side. It's only dunderheads and idiots who continue to cruise at 80-100* km/h in the left-most lane while trucks, buses and SUVs swerve around them.

*yeah, yeah... I know... "But I'm going the speed limit"... duh... you're not. Your stupid, plastic-needled speedometer is not factory-calibrated, so your "100 km/h" is different from everyone else's... Pull over, foo'.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

3. Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Cute neto a!! Sulit ba ipalit ko un Vios ko para dito?

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by thegoat View Post
    Cute neto a!! Sulit ba ipalit ko un Vios ko para dito?
    Depends. The VIOS has better value and bigger internally. The only advantage the EON would have is in it's small engine. The 800cc engine would give better fuel mileage in the city but would be hard pressed if you often drive on the highway.

5. Join Date
    May 2006
    im so excited to test this car last sunday and i did.

pros
    good interior
    space is ok inside
    good exterior design

cons
    less pulling power . malakas pa yun suzuki 660cc
    steering wheel when i do u turn di bumabalik , you need to manually twist the steering again (sabi nun assistant nabugbug daw sa test drive)
    when test it sa macapagal i feel that im not in control of the steering
    vibrating transmission (not a big issue)

as with my assessment this car is ok for city driving and beginners only. i doubt in can reach the 17km/l for city driving kasi 3 lang kami passenger w/ aircon on eh halos hirap na humatak parang maaawa ka sa makina you have to do more gas pedalling.

i hope isolated case lang yun mga cons ko or talagang may prob na yun car according dun sa assistant na kasama ko sa test drive

6. Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by ghosthunter View Post
    Depends. The VIOS has better value and bigger internally. The only advantage the EON would have is in it's small engine. The 800cc engine would give better fuel mileage in the city but would be hard pressed if you often drive on the highway.
    hi ghosthunter, thanks for the very insightful advice. i do travel on the highway. looks like eon will just be a "crush" car of mine. need > want haha!!

what car do you drive?

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by thegoat View Post
    hi ghosthunter, thanks for the very insightful advice. i do travel on the highway. looks like eon will just be a "crush" car of mine. need > want haha!!
    Personally, you could do better than the Hyundai EON if you want a small "inexpensive" hatchback car. Example is the Kia Picanto 1.0L A/T. Just a touch bigger, it looks cute and sporty at the same time. Engine feels torquey at city driving speeds. My only complaint is the factory headunit which is probably one of the worst sounding I have heard in the last few years of test driving cars.

what car do you drive?
    \

The cars I drive now:

1999 Toyota Corolla 1.6L GLi A/T (converted to Auto-LPG)
    2011 Mitsubishi ASX 2.0 GLS CVT
    Last edited by ghosthunter; April 3rd, 2012 at 12:39 AM.

8. Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Despite being a fairly tall Pinoy (I'm 6'4"), I was able to fit surprisingly comfortably in the Eon's driver seat. This is a feat for a car this size, because I cannot imagine myself fitting in an Alto (and some larger cars like the older Civic EG could not accomodate me properly). Granted, someone with more girth may have issues with the Eon's width.

I just found out about this car today as I saw it dun sa Hyundai dealership since I accompanied my friend to have his SUV serviced. First impression is that it's pretty good for the selling price, as it certainly has more room than its main competitors. It sounds like a great city-slicker for those looking for something that's inexpensive to run. Maintenance should be quite cheap (it only has a liter of engine oil, for example). The fact that it's built for Indian conditions makes me feel better about its underpinnings.

Highway and hilly terrain performance should be okay, as long as the buyer knows what he's getting into (the thing tops at around 140kph and takes 19 seconds to 100kph, so no rushing please). It's obviously not a great tool for carving corners either, but it should get you there in one piece. As previously mentioned, it should keep up just fine with our lowly speed limits (it's probably about as fast as a diesel Adventure or L300 in real terms).

As for the vague steering, I think it's just Hyundai's overboosted electric power steering. It seems like they've applied that kind of steering feel to all their new models.

9. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    There's actually nothing wrong with the steering compared to other modern electric power steering systems. It actually feels decent and tracks straight on the highway.

Lubricant capacity is quoted at 2 liters or so. Still a far cry from the 4 liters I have to put into my car. And the engine bay, if you look inside, is perfect for DIY. Every adjustment bolt and sensor is within easy reach from up top. Only the oil filter might be a problem, but if you have a jack, you can reach it from underneath.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

10. Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    There's actually nothing wrong with the steering compared to other modern electric power steering systems. It actually feels decent and tracks straight on the highway.

Lubricant capacity is quoted at 2 liters or so. Still a far cry from the 4 liters I have to put into my car. And the engine bay, if you look inside, is perfect for DIY. Every adjustment bolt and sensor is within easy reach from up top. Only the oil filter might be a problem, but if you have a jack, you can reach it from underneath.
    I think it says 1.4L for the engine oil capacity and a tad over 2L for transaxle oil. I also agree that most parts are within easy reach, which was surprising for such a small engine bay.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Hyundai Eon (indian market)