New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    May 2009
    Hi again!

I've finally made up my mind to get an Elantra 1.8 (salamat sa tsikoteers).

Kaso walang stock??! Tinawagan ko na lahat ng recommended dealership. Dun sa isang Elantra forum, ang haba ng listahan ng mga naghihintay. Meron ngang isa nung Feb pa eh.

Ang tanong, should I "settle" for a 1.6? Me budget naman ako and I think the 70K diference is really, really worth it between the 1.6 and the non-existent 1.8 (hehehe).

Isa rin sa pinagpipilian ko eh yung Focus TDCi kaso September pa raw.

Kung ikaw ako, ano gagawin mo?

2. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    if you're talking about the all new focus then i suggest you wait, september is only a month and a half away. when it arrives test drive both and see which you'll like better. anyway i think the elantra is having a hard time keeping up with the demand all around the world and not just in the philippines, if that's true then that means longer waiting time for the elantra.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Wait but remember to act quickly if the Focus arrives, or else you'll be waiting much longer pa.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by vicmacaraeg View Post
    Hi again!

I've finally made up my mind to get an Elantra 1.8 (salamat sa tsikoteers).

Kaso walang stock??! Tinawagan ko na lahat ng recommended dealership. Dun sa isang Elantra forum, ang haba ng listahan ng mga naghihintay. Meron ngang isa nung Feb pa eh.

Ang tanong, should I "settle" for a 1.6? Me budget naman ako and I think the 70K diference is really, really worth it between the 1.6 and the non-existent 1.8 (hehehe).

Isa rin sa pinagpipilian ko eh yung Focus TDCi kaso September pa raw.

Kung ikaw ako, ano gagawin mo?

Call it a chance to reconsider your choices. You might want to consider the new 2012 Mitsubishi Lancer EX 1.6L GLX.

cash price of the Lancer EX GLX MT = P778,000 and AT = P828,000

Available starting July 15 daw.

5. Join Date
    May 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by IMm29 View Post
    Wait but remember to act quickly if the Focus arrives, or else you'll be waiting much longer pa.
    Yun lang! I'm based overseas, Sir. Uuwi ako ng first week ng August pero 1 week lang. Mukhang wala akong mate-test drive.

6. Join Date
    May 2009
    Ghosthunter, thanks sir. Cge, i-research ko rin yan Mitsu.

Mas marami, mas masaya. Mas magulo rin! Hahahaha!

7. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    I like the Lancer better than the Elantra

But that car (Elantra) is really a fad nowadays. ;) I can't blame you.

8. Join Date
    May 2010
    Wait for the Focus. You'll get more vehicle, more features and more european car for your money.

I like the Elantra but it's going to be a long wait

9. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Although I like the 1.8GLS Elantra, I'm not the type of person who would wait until February and I'm not the type that would settle for less as well.

Hence, I'd probably look at other models -- specifically the Lancer EX 2.0 as I have gripes that the 1.6L would be underpowered and less exciting than the 1.8GLS Elantra or the 4B11 EX.

You might also want to take a look at the outgoing Ford Focus TDCi. It might look old when the new one comes out but boy, the TDCi is really a beast.
    Last edited by renzo_d10; July 7th, 2012 at 09:56 PM.

10. Join Date
    May 2009
    Sir, wala na rin daw yung current focus e. Tapos yung bago mga October daw. Kaya nung tinanong ko kung ano ibebenta nila from now til October, di na sumagot yung sales agent! Hahaha!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast