Hyundai brings out the all-new 2012 Eon
Words by Niky Tamayo | Photos by Christopher Kho

Hyundai’s booth at the Manila International Auto Show (MIAS) was impressive, with over a thousand square meters of space and a variety of models on display. Yet while most eyes were on the new Veloster, Hyundai gave the humble all-new 2012 Eon equal billing with it on the showroom floor. As well they should, this is an important car for the aggressive Korean brand.

Conceived for the Indian market, the Eon hatchback is built to compete head-to-head with the Suzuki/Maruti Alto. While it’s based on the i10 platform, it’s slimmer, more tightly-packaged, and equipped with a smaller 800 cc engine. Clever nip-and-tuck work cuts weight to an amazingly light 750 kilograms. That’s 175 kilograms less than the base i10. Despite this, the Eon doesn’t feel significantly smaller. While there’s less headroom and elbow-room, legroom is just as good, and cargo capacity is incredible. Hyundai claims 215 liters of cargo space under that diminutive hatch, more than any other mini-car except the i10. And it still manages to fit a full-sized spare tire well underneath that deep boot.....

LINK FOR MORE : Gam(E)on: Hyundai brings out the all-new 2012 Eon
SOURCE: Gam(E)on: Hyundai brings out the all-new 2012 Eon