New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Walter View Post
    Just follow the minimum octane requirement of your vehicle. It's in the manual. Like for example, a 1st gen CR-V requires minimum 95 octane fuel.
    Teka, totoo 95 Ron minimum ng 1st gen crv? I've been using fuel save for the longest time. Hehe

2. Join Date
    Apr 2010
    It depends

If you want additional kick or boost when driving, go for higher octane fuel.

and for ME hindi siya placebo effect kasi ramdam ko talaga yung difference sa 93 octane fuel.

additional 2-3 pesos/liter = fun to drive & better FC ( just my opinion and experience po )

(by the way I'm using 100 octane fuel.)

3. Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by Veilside View Post
    It depends

If you want additional kick or boost when driving, go for higher octane fuel.

and for ME hindi siya placebo effect kasi ramdam ko talaga yung difference sa 93 octane fuel.

additional 2-3 pesos/liter = fun to drive & better FC ( just my opinion and experience po )

(by the way I'm using 100 octane fuel.)
    Octane is simply a number attached to your fuel that says "I need X amount so I won't knock". Using it as a metric for performance is simply bad. For one, ethanol has less energy compared to gasoline but has a higher octane rating.

As with what nivraarvin said, it's the energy content of the fuel that counts. Hell, if they can compact a nuclear reactor into a car's engine, I don't care about its octane number. All I know is that I'll die the moment I drive it.

4. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Depende din talaga sa requirement ng sasakyan, sa sentra namin ok na ang shell unleaded pero sa grandlivina namin makukunsumi ka kapag mas mababa sa 95 ang octane rating ng gas na ikinarga.

Sent from my GT-N5100 using Tapatalk 4

5. Join Date
    Feb 2013
    May mali kasi sa tanong, di kasi ni describe ang situation, better than lower ones in what condition?

1. Just follow the minimum octane rating of your car and you will not encounter any problem.
    2. Gusto mo rezing rezing, sige mag higher octane rating ka.
    3. For city driving, just stick with your minimum octane rating, sabi ko nga, I have tried Petron XCS sa innova vvti pure city drive, parang naka straw yung engine kung humigop. Di pa ako ang try gumamit ng Shell V-Power Nitro sa vvti.

6. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Petron nagsimula ng octane war na yan, which was effective, if not misleading.

Now ewan ko lang kung may equity pa ang higher octane sa mga tao.

7. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Personally, I gas up with higher octane (95 to 100) when I'm on a highway/long drive. This way hindi naman totally sayang, and you get better performance while on the open road. Otherwise kung city driving with the usual EDSA/C5 traffic, I just stick to 91 or 93.

From my experience, mas mabilis maubos ang higher octane pag nattraffic at nakatengga lang ang sasakyan.

8. Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by siopaonatoasted View Post
    May mali kasi sa tanong, di kasi ni describe ang situation, better than lower ones in what condition?

1. Just follow the minimum octane rating of your car and you will not encounter any problem.
    2. Gusto mo rezing rezing, sige mag higher octane rating ka.
    3. For city driving, just stick with your minimum octane rating, sabi ko nga, I have tried Petron XCS sa innova vvti pure city drive, parang naka straw yung engine kung humigop. Di pa ako ang try gumamit ng Shell V-Power Nitro sa vvti.
    there is an adage that says "old habits are hard to die".

coming from a 91 or 93 octane & switching to 95 octane the driver need not step as hard as they got accustomed to with lower octane gas because higher octane gas has more energy to dispense. this is probably the reason why people think its a placebo effect, they tend to push as hard the gas pedal with a higher octane as they would with the lower octane gas. the overall result is more frequent over revolution when accelerating which leads to more fuel consumption

the key to saving fuel is to rev up (2thou rpm) smoothly before shifting the gear up as fast as you can, assuming the traffic condition permits you to do so

9. Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Di rin naman ako naniniwala sa placebo effect na yan. Before 95 octane ako then napansin ko na medyo nagiba takbo ng engine ko saka ang lakas ng vibration pagshut off ng engine. Yun pala nagadd na sila ng ethanol di ko lang napansin agad ung memo sa tabi ng mga pumps. Kaya aun switched to 100 octane whether city or highway drive.

Sent from my GT-I9082

10. Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Mahirap kasi sensory observation. Try to measure your FC with petron extra and petron blaze. At least you'll have data to back up what you felt while driving with each fuel.

I compared PTT and Seaoil diesel (yes, I know na gasoline yung topic pero this is what i have as an example).

PTT - Consistent 10.22+km/l

Tried Seaoil - 8.22km/l

Went back to PTT - 10.2+km/l ulit

Tried seaoil again 8.15km/l, nag expressway pa ko niyan.

Because of the results, Im staying away from seaoil diesel for now.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast