Apr 2012
    47k kms na pala GS namin
    Hirap i drive ng mabagal. Hehe

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by jaggerx3 View Post
    47k kms na pala GS namin
    Hirap i drive ng mabagal. Hehe
    yan! yan ang talagang problema ng GS! lintek nakaka-2 speeding ticket na ko dahil sa GS na yan!

3. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by dct View Post
    Parang bitin power ng tci para sakin. Mas malakas yung hiace. Vgt na kung concern ka sa power. Pero mas tipid sa gas tci

Edit: wgt ata ang benta ni Hari na higher end.
    Bitin talaga yung TCI sa power pag malayuang biyahe, pero kung within MM lang naman, pwede na rin.

4. Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by yebo View Post
    Another difference between tci and vgt is that the 3rd row on the tci does not slide, naka fix siya sa floor. Problema ito ng friend ko sa tci nya, di flexible. Bench seat din ang 2nd row, walang folding middle seat so kelangan talaga slide forward ang 2nd row kung may gagamit ng 3rd row.
    Thanks for the tip. The current 2nd row at least is 60/40 split so not all the 2nd row need to slide forward when using the 3rd row, and mas comfortable yata yung center seat niya kaysa foldable jumpseat. The fixed 3rd row could be a problem for longer cargo but looks like the cargo space behind is quite large as is (compared to any 7p suv) but will likely not fit a mt bike if not diassemled. Wonder if pwede kaya isalpak yung sliding 3rd bench seat ng vgt model and the cost to order that fr casa or a third party. Nga pala kung 10seats means yung 3rd4 row has 4 sets 2-pt seatbelts?

5. Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by CVT View Post

Agree. I am only doing 6-7 Km/L city driving and about 7.5-8.5Km/L hiway driving on our TCI A/T....

Bro.,- nasa driver iyan...

Pero kung si bro.yebo ang kasabay mo sa pag-akyat,- lalamon ka lang ng alikabok,- kaya magpaiwan ka na.... :hysterical:

That is why I did not buy the VGT model,- because of such huge jump in cost.

At an average of 6Km/L for TCI and 8Km/L for VGT and diesel fuel at P26/L; assuming price difference between VGT and TCI is at P300,000

You will need to travel approx 277,000 Km to recoup the cost difference in terms of fuel consumption.

This is arguable as of course the resale price of the VGT is higher than the TCI for x% of the difference in cost. And of course, the VGT model has better drive and features.

So far, our TCI is only at 35KKm...

"The measure of a man is what he does with power" LJIOHF!

27.5K _/_/_/_/_/:tomato:_/_/_/_/_/

Thanks for the inputs on the solid body control, and the fc, I guess it means heavier body w less torque means need for heavier foot on the gas pedal btw tama ba na tci 2.5 is derived from mitsu 4d56? If true, does it mean this can use mitsu consumables and spares o too many changes to have direct parts compatibility? Also if I may repeat sir cvt, how is your satisfaction on your 35kk affair so far with your tci on a scale of 1-10? Im guessing high up, but would appreciate your insights and observations, good and bad tia..

6. Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by yebo View Post
    yan! yan ang talagang problema ng GS! lintek nakaka-2 speeding ticket na ko dahil sa GS na yan!
    Ha ha, nakakaenganyo naman.. seriously sirs, part din nung equation to have the confidence to speed (responsibly he he) is kompiyansa on the braking performance and ability of undercarriage to take hits at high speed (picture yung mga pothole/under construction road transitions in provincial highways ex. up north). Other than yung relatively frequent brake pads replacement, how does the gs suspension take these road conditions so far? Also on another note, read somewhere that the fitted nexen tyres are noisy, but would you know how it holds up in mileage and grip? Tia..

7. Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by ronw123w124 View Post
    Bitin talaga yung TCI sa power pag malayuang biyahe, pero kung within MM lang naman, pwede na rin.
    Thanks for the inputs, bale tci mt po ba basis neto? Meron kasi tci at ng 2015 yata but wondering if the 5at gearing woul compare favorably vs the 5mt in torque to the wheels. Tia!

8. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by wsolo View Post
    Thanks for the inputs, bale tci mt po ba basis neto? Meron kasi tci at ng 2015 yata but wondering if the 5at gearing woul compare favorably vs the 5mt in torque to the wheels. Tia!
    yup, TCI M/T yan, nacompare ko kasi meron kami 3 CVX A/T and yang TCI M/T nga. Malayo talaga power ng CRDI VGT compared sa TCI

9. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Thanks for the inputs on the solid body control, and the fc, I guess it means heavier body w less torque means need for heavier foot on the gas pedal btw tama ba na tci 2.5 is derived from mitsu 4d56? If true, does it mean this can use mitsu consumables and spares o too many changes to have direct parts compatibility? Also if I may repeat sir cvt, how is your satisfaction on your 35kk affair so far with your tci on a scale of 1-10? Im guessing high up, but would appreciate your insights and observations, good and bad tia..
    Had our TCI EGR blanked.

IMO, big improvement in engine response and performance. Also very good handling... Brake is spongy as expected with heavy vehicles...

Blanking plate used by bro zix is the same as with/for the MS...

I have not driven any VGT variant and so looking at the TCI only my satisfaction level is 9. Even better IMO than our Innova V Gas 4AT or our previous bug eyed Starex TCI AT...

Both the bug eyed Starex and our GS, - experienced check engine when I drove them over 3k rpm continuously on inclines along Marcos Hiway in Baguio and Talisay to Tagaytay Rd respectively... Those were the only scary experiences with them. But they recovered as if nothing happened after I turned off the engine and restarted after about ten minutes....

Quote Originally Posted by ronw123w124 View Post
    yup, TCI M/T yan, nacompare ko kasi meron kami 3 CVX A/T and yang TCI M/T nga. Malayo talaga power ng CRDI VGT compared sa TCI
    Our TCI is only 4AT....

Not sure if the 2015 TCI is now 5AT....

However, all VGTs are 5AT....
    Last edited by CVT; September 10th, 2015 at 10:47 PM.

10. Join Date
    May 2012
    basta ako inisip ko agad, safety and comfort.... una...ang engine nasa labas madaling kumalikot
    pangalawa, pag nasa pwesto ka sa likod ng driver more leg room than hi ace....

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast