New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2005

I agree, the topic is not insulting toyota owners... Pero we have to face the fact that korean technology is improving...

here is an old topic...

maybe some die hard toyota guys may read this article.. try to see what toyota ceo and vp of Toyota Motor North America Inc. said in the article...

"We're always looking in our rear-view mirror, and they're one that's coming up quickly," said Dennis Cuneo, senior vice president of Toyota Motor North America Inc.

Toyota CEO Fujio Cho recently referred to Hyundai as a "formidable" rival.

http://www.autoblog.com/2007/11/21/t...-strong-enemy/

http://www.azcentral.com/arizonarepu...hyundai22.html

2. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    tatalunin naman ng talaga Hyundai ang Toyota, isang buong bansa kalaban nila eh hehehe dalawang major pino-produce na cars ng Sokor, Hyundai & Kia pareho pa mayari

3. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    malayo pa in my opinion. pero hindi imposible na ma overtake ng hyundai ang toyota. ang dapat gawin ng toyota is back to basics. balikan nila yun reason kung bakit sila nag number 1. kailangan nila ibalik yun quality at tibay na naging synonimous sa toyota noon 90's.

4. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    i don't think toyota will just lie down and die and not even try to fight back. remember, they used to be the underdogs kaya alam din nila laro ng hyundai. they've seen the formula to success hence, they can rely on experience to stay in the game.

what i truly miss, and this is not only with toyota, is great customer service. yun bang pag dala mo ng auto mo sa casa eh they'll treat you like a valued customer. used to feel this way with honda cars alabang when i got my '96 civic from them, bago pa lang sila nun kaya siguro ang galing.

now, if hyundai and kia can beat toyota in this customer service game, baka pumila na rin ako for a tucson or a sportage. seriously considering these vehicles to replace my 3 year old innova

5. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    I own a 1994 Toyota Hilux and I must say it has been quite a love affair. I got about 79T on it after all these years. Only maintenance done were 2 flat tires, 5-tire replacement, and engine calibration done about 7 years ago. Other than that, I have been very happy with its overall ruggedness and it has never let me down. I have hauled many things with it and even towed a 15-foot bass boat out of lake Caliraya, up a slope, onto the road leading to lake Lumot. I must say, I have a high respect for this vehicle. I saw that Top Gear test on the Hilux. That's why I haven't let go of the vehicle despite offers from in-laws and my brother. The only thing I don't like about it is the leg room for the driver and the passengers. Kinda cramp. I have managed to live with that though through the years.

That said, am in the market for a new vehicle. The Santa Fe seems to be a good choice given all the discussion (including passionate ones) about it. But I already own a Nissan Patrol. 2 SUVs in the family? I love my Hyundai Starex too. It has been my son's vehicle to take him to school, to his weekend sports activities and for my wife's get-around vehicle. My search for a new car is actually as a gift for my wife. I was thinking of a pre-owned BMW Z4, a Miata MX-5, a Subaru Impreza WRX. The Santa Fe will definitely be on that final list.

To be honest, I wanted a compact size sporty car for her that I can "borrow" from time-to-time. I guess a 2-seater is a little hard to justify if you have a third member in the family. Well, I always thought the wife and I can be on the sports car and our son on the Starex following us!

Seriously, I will give the Santa Fe some thought.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567
Goodbye Toyota - Hello Hyundai!